What Can We Do To Reduce Stress and Destress?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

What are some of the things that you do to destress that are highly effective?

For me, without researching online but actually practically trying these things:
Listening to music I like with a good quality pair of headphones/ music setup

2.Talking about issues that frustrate me and bother me. Relieves tension and creates inner piece, gets external opinions and perspectives which can have a direct impact on stress levels right away.

3.Sit in a quiet area and just bask in stillness for a few minutes. Really helps to accelerate mental "stillness"

4.Take up a new hobby or reintroduce an old hobby.

5. Work on hobbies

6. Eat foods which boost Serotonin levels

7. Think about things that interest me

Ways to reduce stress levels that work for me:
1. Always remember not to worry over issues and situations as it must be done anyway. The constant reminder keeps worrying away and in turn reduces unnecessary emotional stress levels.

2. Keep in mind that most things are just temporary. I love change and when I cannot change that which I do not like, I tend to fuss about it and create stress for myself. By keeping the thought that its temporary in mind, I essentially dissolve the tendency to fuss.

3. Being thankful for what I have. Seems simple but it is simply overlooked in today's quantity driven world. It helps to remember the good in stressful times. This works best for periods of prolonged stress for me.

Those are just some of the things I have done to curb stress in my life. I have literally broken down physically and mentally from stress previously so it is always a gratifying feeling when I can share my techniques with others and hope they would do the same with me.

- What's working for me its actually having some alone time. Today i was alone home with no noise and no distractions and it was soo good ! I had time to de-stress and do things my way . I think everyone needs some alone time for themselves just to relax and enjoy their own company.

- What's working for me its actually having some alone time. Today i was alone home with no noise and no distractions and it was soo good ! I had time to de-stress and do things my way . I think everyone needs some alone time for themselves just to relax and enjoy their own company.

#1 method. Works every time without fail.

Sitting down alone outside taking in the breeze. Feels good, I like to look at the mango tree in the neighbour's yard and wonder.. "How better will I become at making chow next season?" That and all other sorts of relaxing thoughts.

Alone time is a must for me, as well as music, eating delicious foods, going for long walks, reading in silence undisturbed with no distractions etc. I generally visit this link that I bookmarked for reminders lol

Back