What are the laws when using dash cams?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Hey all, I got a dash camera not too long now, very tempted to make Youtube videos with myself ranting over some of the footage but time doesn't permit. The laws aren't very clear for me on whether or not camera evidence is considered so I wanted to find out:

What exactly is the law with regards to footage from dash cams?
In the event of an accident does the footage hold any ground with law enforcement such as police?
Can road rage incidents which have caused damage or harm to yourself or your vehicle be reported and the footage used as evidence?

On a side note, if anyone is considering a dash cam, get the G1W or G1W-C, be cautious of fakes. Great dash cam.

To answer your question, Media evidence eg. video content is not admissible in courts well yet any ways until they pass the laws to do so but outside of that if you have video evidence eg. of an motor vehicle accident then yes it can be presented to the police officer who is investigating the accident to show what happened. Also if the police don't want to take the media evidence or what we might consider evidence then make a copy and give it to your insurance company so they will know you are not wrong and they will be better fitted to prove that the other person is wrong.

I also have a dash cam and i was recommended to a great on by Saxman642 , i currently own the G1W model. I believe that G1W model carries an on board battery and the other an capacitorso that extreme heat would not cause the device to explode (in very rear cases)

Thank you admin, that answers my questions precisely.

You are right about the C model using a capacitor, they made it with us in mind.

Yeah i also learned a lot from the Media evidence and its really good to know about the latest technology and the daily routine things to use.I like it.

Back