Well done TTPS - 4000 for driving drunk

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

V2nr 3.0

LV

A man who allegedly offered a $284 bribe to a police officer was fined after he admitted to driving under the influence of alcohol.
Sheldon Edwards, 33, was one of several people who appeared before San Fernando Traffic Court magistrate Rehanna Hosein on Monday and levied a total of $64,500 in fines.
In Edwards? matter, Hosein heard it was around 2 a.m. on Saturday that officers on a road traffic exercise along Southern Main Road, Claxton Bay, stopped the car he was driving.
They observed his eyes were red and he had alcohol on his breath.
Edwards admitted he had consumed ?vodka and some beers?.
When asked if he would object to undergoing a breathalyser test, Edwards said: ?Officer, I know I go fail. Give meh a chance nah.?
His reading was 79 microgrammes?43 microgrammes over the legal 35-microgramme limit.
Before Magistrate Hosein, defence attorney Faraaz Mohammed asked for leniency for the field supervisor, who he said had no previous or pending matters before the court.
He said Edwards was not a habitual drinker of alcohol. Mohammed told the court the father of two had attended a gathering with friends and it seemed that he ?lost track of his alcohol intake?.
Edwards was fined $4,000 for the offence. He was given one month to pay the money or face nine months in prison.
Police prosecutor Sgt Dianath Harricharan made no objection to Edwards being placed on bail after he pleaded not guilty to the charge of offering a $284 bribe to officer Alex Mohammed at the San Fernando Police Station to forego prosecution against him (Edwards).
Hosein granted Edwards $10,000 own bail and ordered that he return to court on August 25.

I wish we can have more honest officers like those. It restored a little faith for me in the TTPS. Good Job

okay i just want to say 2 things

1) GREAT JOB done by the police officers, if more police officers could assert themselves in this manor T&T would be a much better off in efficiency!

2) really man? you take a huge risk to bribe a police officer with $284 dollars? seriously? not even ah good solid number like $285 eh, the $4 could have bought a solo or something and the $80 a round of beers for other officers but that was a stupid move neverthelesss

Good job. I don't know why these drivers don't do like me. Cool off a bit. Drink some water and other non alcoholic drinks some time in advance before leaving the venue. If you know you have to drive, don't consume much at all. I have been successful in passing a breathalyser test by doing that.

Back