Waze

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Do any of you use Waze for traffic spotting and navigation locally?

I personally use waze a lot, its always accurate as people are reporting in real time, has saved me a lot of headache in traffic. The map is accurate for our country unlike google maps which left me in the middle of a residential road looking for a phone shop once... Waze got me to the correct location.

Check it on your app store here: https://www.waze.com/download/

Always. As a driver I need to find places quickly and with the least traffic route possible. The only downside to waze is the lack of planning a route with multiple stops like Google maps allows. But maps doesn't work well here so waze it is.

Waze. My hero!

That app help me find back roads I never knew existed.

It was critical in having me get back home in an hour when the WASA pipe burst in Cocorite.

At the very least, I know what time I expect to reach my destination.

But there are time when your own common sense beats Waze, so don't become 100% dependent.

Agree with you both. I use Waze weekly on the mornings I am required to leave home at peak hours to assess whether I should leave earlier or not.

Common sense before dependency on the gps is key. Sometimes its easy to isolate the wordly indictors around such as road signs etc and follow the gps voice strictly.

But there are time when your own common sense beats Waze, so don't become 100% dependent.

100% agree! Waze sent one of my friends to a dirt road and passed thru all the back roads to a destination it called a "short cut". Lol she got so mad because the main road had no traffic

Did anyone ever create the Trinimotors WAZE group?

have been looking around in the options of waze to try to make one but have had no luck

I love Waze, but I don't alwaze ;) have data on my phone, so when I was on android, I used HERE by Nokia, you can download the entire map of any country, for free, it has voice nav and works flawlessly offline, even tracking you to your destination through gps. Pretty accurate as well!

I love Waze, but I don't alwaze ;) have data on my phone, so when I was on android, I used HERE by Nokia, you can download the entire map of any country, for free, it has voice nav and works flawlessly offline, even tracking you to your destination through gps. Pretty accurate as well!

I don't have data on my phone so i cannot use waze when i'm on the road. Would you recommend this for me as i can use it without net?

I don't have data on my phone so i cannot use waze when i'm on the road. Would you recommend this for me as i can use it without net?

Yes definitely! Just follow this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps You can watch the video to get a better understanding, but it works great! I have no data on my phone and I used it to navigate all over Trinidad. Just search for Trinidad and they show you the map size, about 150mb i believe. Download it and when you leave home switch to offline mode and you're good to go. It tracks you and follows you real time, just like Waze :)

I bought a windshield mount for my phone so I can better use waze and some of the other nav apps. I must try out HERE, heard a lot of good things back in the days when Nokia used to own NAVTEQ.

Thank You Much..Downloading it as we speak! I will give my reviews when i try it out today

Back