wasa starts wednesday!!!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

madsuya

LV

Wasa will start midnite tonite to ration water!!! due to ah tough dry season ahead, monitor sprinklers an wash ur cars with ah bucket not hoses, or face ah fined of $80 or $90 per offence but ah hopin dey fix all d leaks an doh blame us alone for wastin water...... wat say u all......

ah wonder if we ask d minister an CEO's of wasa to wash wares use ah basin..water ur lawn an plants in d morning..Shorten dey shower by a min or two...Soak pots and pans instead of letin d water run..bathe dey young children together..Wash d car on d lawn wit ah bucket..collect water from ur roof to water d plants..brush dey teeth wit ah cup..doh full up dey pool..doh use hose to wash d mansion yard...etc will dey comply lik we d poorer ppl who doh have running water, wen we report ah leak WASA will never come an fix it.....

madsuya said:
ah wonder if we ask d minister an CEO's of wasa to wash wares use ah basin..water ur lawn an plants in d morning..Shorten dey shower by a min or two...Soak pots and pans instead of letin d water run..bathe dey young children together..Wash d car on d lawn wit ah bucket..collect water from ur roof to water d plants..brush dey teeth wit ah cup..doh full up dey pool..doh use hose to wash d mansion yard...etc will dey comply lik we d poorer ppl who doh have running water, wen we report ah leak WASA will never come an fix it.....
Thats why they discovered many discrepancies and corruption in WASA's water distribution process.

wasa asking people to take 3minute bath, now ah don't have ah problem with that, but as soon as people start to use this as ah exq's not to bathe and start to come to work smellen bad :Throw: that will pull my stones. wasa better get ah long ladder, go up in de sky an start to ring some cloud

Are all the large hotels in Trinidad and Tobago have this restrictions?

This morning at work it did not have water, wasa is a big load of crap fix you darm bloddy pipe lines and leakages. They increased the rates and still they restricting the water access, how much stupider will this country leaders get?

Wasa should set up water treatment plants in different areas in trinidad like wat it have in La Lune, Moruga!!! takin sea water an treating it for domestic purposes

Hmm, its a good thing we have tanks otherwise we wouldn't have water either. I saw the report on the news where they police went around monitoring places in Westmoorings and environs. Most people still had their sprinklers on....Guess some don't watch the news.

Dude thats joke all through Port Of Spain you does be seeing sprinklers on the promenades on and early money people does be washing around their buildings do and it mostly ministry buildings.

Exactly. I'm hearing news that they might raise the penalties...not sure if they'll actually charge anyone with "wasting water"

yeh 2 householders, WASA is placin 500 gal tanks in areas dat don't have a regular supply, news is dey buy out all d tanks!!! today thousands of gal ah treated water was flowin on d road infront tabaquite secondary school, luckly this evenin it was fixed, normally leaks up here, near d dam dont fix for weeks, oh well, ah must say thanks wasa for only wastin ah couple day of water only................

Alot of people locking doors on wasa police face but they have to understand that there is a water shortage and the police have to start somewhere just how many people would want justice on other people who wasting precious water

dats true buh hear wat!!! wasa had enough f..in time to organize dey sh.. ok, ah want to c how long dey go walk d streets lookin for somebody to charge! ppl can't waste wat dey doh have, i'm not wastin water coz i kno how hard it is, but wasa needed to put things in place already, d dry season now start, like dem doh know wen it starts???

wasa has 130 police officers in communities to ensure we trinis are not wasting water, a fine of $75. if ur caught, an toll free no 8004H20 (800-4420/4426) to access the service they also asking ppl don't let d dogs after them plz...lol

lol...d Penal/Debe Regional Corporation and WASA failed to deliver water between Erin and Barrackpore!!! about 10,000 ppl was affected, due to low pressure and late start at d hydrants, valves was turned off today in my area an surroundings but it wasn't ah prob for me

WASA corporation communications manager, Ellen Lewis said that phagwa celebrations is not a major concern!!! no overhead sprinkler systems, but hindus traditionally celebrate with gallons of abeer-coloured water, ah kno we hav to save on water usage during the festival, so its powder all d way

I just think that they shouldn't cut water for 3 straight days. Atleast give people a proper heads-up and bring back water for a couple hours a day so people can fill up water. I mean two tanks can only last so long, especially when you're sharing with your neighbours.

In a small country such as this I find there should never be water shortage,dry season or no dry season.Instead of building all those industrial plants they have going up the south west coast,why not add a desalination plant to the list and make it fully state owned.

Back