Was motivated by a certain user to post this

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

mcf

LV

Ridicule at school or ridicule due to disease

This incident happen in primary school in trinidad,where a certain student was ridicule due to the disease that he possessed cause his inability to use the washroom which eventually created an issue in the classroom.The student couldn't control his bowel movements and in trinidad everyone should know, what happen afterwards.
Have you as a student in primary school experience this problem or something similar?

Re: Ridicule at school or ridicule due to disease

This incident happen in primary school in trinidad,where a certain student was ridicule due to the disease that he possessed cause his inability to use the washroom which eventually created an issue in the classroom.The student couldn't control his bowel movements and in trinidad everyone should know, what happen afterwards.
Have you as a student in primary school experience this problem or something similar?

I haven't heard of anything like this before. Can you give us the name of the disease? I'd like to learn more about it and understand it better.

im not sure of the name of the disease but it causes the person to experience a difficult life in classroom and usually laughed at by classmates due to his inability to control his bowels making his school uniform the only option to relieve himself

I haven't heard of anything like this before. Can you give us the name of the disease? I'd like to learn more about it and understand it better.

I think he may be referring to a specific disease but what he has said is something very true. Students with disabilities really have a hard time in the classroom. Other students don't give them an easy time. Ridicule and peer pressure are just two of the problems these pupils face at school.

it wasn't a disability lolz.he had a specific disease but they do have problems with other students in the classroom

it wasn't a disability lolz.he had a specific disease but they do have problems with other students in the classroom

From what you described it seems like he had sphincter muscle issues. Imo thats a disability as it is an inability to regulate the muscle for whatever reason.

Its sad that people must go through this at school, it doesn't help when they complete school either as most employers don't know how to treat special needs applicants. I could tell a story about a woman who could not see, it was very sad to know what Trinidadians will do with someone who can't function 100% normally.

tru....but some people don't tell their employee that there is a problem,but if i was too happen like in the boys case then he would thought of in different light,but the question is who can admit that they have experience something similar to boys case........hmmmmmmm

Long ago in form 1 there was a girl who could not control her menstrual cycle and messed up everywhere she sat. She was poked fun after and i hated that . She had a medical problem that made it happen to her unknowingly. I felt sorry because these things can happen to anyone and we need to understand to be respectful to others.

However, in primary school there are alot of immature children. The teacher should understand and have a talk with the students as well concerning the matter about making fun of the child. I think the school should understand as well and try as best to handle the situation.

Long ago in form 1 there was a girl who could not control her menstrual cycle and messed up everywhere she sat. She was poked fun after and i hated that . She had a medical problem that made it happen to her unknowingly. I felt sorry because these things can happen to anyone and we need to understand to be respectful to others.

However, in primary school there are alot of immature children. The teacher should understand and have a talk with the students as well concerning the matter about making fun of the child. I think the school should understand as well and try as best to handle the situation.

Sometimes I wish that would be the case. I personally have experienced situations for years where teachers simply didn't understand the problem and did nothing which helped the scenario. Its really a hard thing out here to be a good person at school. I can only imagine what that girl must have been through in her life as a teen, the emotional scarring that took place... Its a really sad thing to hear.

tru....but some people don't tell their employee that there is a problem,but if i was too happen like in the boys case then he would thought of in different light,but the question is who can admit that they have experience something similar to boys case........hmmmmmmm

Sometimes you can hide your issues, sometimes you can't. In the cases where you can't thats when you really see how employers react. The boy can't control his scenario and while I have not experienced what he has been through, I don't need to go through that to understand why I should have respect for him as an individual and for what he's trying to do with his life. Everybody should be respected and considered as human regardless of their problems, end of the day we're all on this earth to survive but that often tends to be elusive in the eyes of an incapacitated thinker.

The one with the girl really touched me...felt so sorry for her but also in some cases children are scared to ask their teacher to use the washroom due to they being unapproachable,therefore the other option is their clothes.eg.Lunchtime pass,the child didn't want to go but after during class the child ask,some teachers refuse their calling which allows the child no option but to u knw.
Niritime,glad to knw that ur wasn't in that situation but u understand how it feels,some dont,they laugh,scaring the child in most cases which may lead to psychological issue

the girl transferred out of the school to another in Tunapuna. Yes i agree that teachers need to be more understanding. I don't get why a teacher would deny a student a bathroom break . This is our bladders and its not like if we can control it .

But MCF you know how we do it, we walking out from that class when we ready .Nobody denying us the right to use the bathroom.

Its really something else when you suffering and nobody else wants to understand. Nobody gonna deny me usage of the bathroom. My bladder needs to remain healthy and functional to take me through till my old age. If some old teacher has a problem with it, I will gladly use the bathroom and deal with them afterwards.

niritime ik ladydeath post something different but that just evidence how teachers could be to support my idea...niritime u ent easy lmao(last sentences).Sometimes the teacher gives the permission but it happen on the way wb in that case?

niritime ik ladydeath post something different but that just evidence how teachers could be to support my idea...niritime u ent easy lmao(last sentences).Sometimes the teacher gives the permission but it happen on the way wb in that case?

Teacher gives permission but what happens on the way?

the accident happens dawg....playing like u dont knw

Well sorry i didn't understand with how your worded it. That different, that has little to do with the teacher and more the individual.

Back