Victim’s Husband Stunned

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
N

Neo

Sharaz%20Sinanan.jpg

The common-law husband of murdered Gasparillo resident Kavita Lisa Jokhan is upset that the police not only released the suspect but failed to inform him.

“The police did not inform me about nothing. Nobody come and tell me nothing,” Sharaz Sinanan, who lives about 200 feet from the suspect’s home at Coco Piece Road, said yesterday.

Homicide detectives confirmed the suspect was released on Wednesday. The suspect, who was seen with blood spattered on his feet and clothes, was arrested by police on May 23, shortly after Jokhan was found with her head was bashed in. Investigators later submitted the file to the Director of Public Prosecutions, who instructed them to release the 58-year-old suspect pending further inquiries, T&T Guardian was told.

Sinanan, a 44-year-old welder, has not seen the suspect since his release, but he was told he returned home, packed a bag and left. He said he called the Gasparillo Police Station on Thursday night after a neighbour informed him the suspect was released.

“I call the police last night and they did not even know. They want to know how I know that? I had to call a family because they have some connection inside and them tell me the police did not have enough evidence and they let him go. The law system is very poor,” Sinanan complained.

Sinanan said he could not understand why the suspect was not charged.

“I want to know why they don’t have enough evidence because they get blood in his jersey, they found a knife, fingerprints on the Altis and slippers print in the blood? I want to know why that is not enough evidence?”

Sinanan also denied reports that his wife used to drink with the suspect.

“We (he and the suspect) are not friends. She (Jokhan) would ask him to buy papers and coke and thing but he used to harass and curse she,” he said.

In fact, he said Jokhan told him she was afraid of the suspect. He said Jokhan made numerous reports at the Gasparillo Police Station, including as recent as a month ago.

“She have about seven reports because he always harassing and cursing she. The police come and warn him,” he said.

He said Jokhan was also going to take out a restraining order against the suspect. |

“The police was supposed to arrest him. If they had arrest him I feel this would ah be prevented,” he said.

Jokhan was bludgeoned about the head while standing in the garage of her home around 3.30 pm on May 23. Sinanan was at work when the murder took place.

Villagers, who described the suspect as a drunkard, said they were concerned the man was released.

“I find it strange because he had blood on him. We are concerned because if he did that what if he does it again?” said a villager, who did not want to be named.

No one was at the galvanise shack where the suspect lived when the T&T Guardian visited yesterday. Jokhan was cremated on Saturday at the Waterloo cremation site following a service at her father’s Talparo home.

Back