Vagrants still on the streets

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

dseepersad_26

LV

A Couple of days before the summit the street was freet of vagrants, one day after the summit they are back on the streets. The adminstration said that they escaped well I don't think so, because those vagrants on the street are the trouble makers.I believe they were released because the adminstrators are not equip to handle and care for them also the room they are contained is not filt for a human.The government needs to rehabilitate them and re-imtroduce them to society. This cannot happen overnight or in a couple of months its a process that takes years.

i agree!! atleast build a new institution to house them then put them to work in government jobs like garbage collecting, cleaning up the high ways, planting crops and so on

The minister said that even thought the Summit ended they are still going ahead to clear the streets from the vagrants.... Hope they capture all of them

hey vagrants have rights too, if the not willing to capture and imprison sane people what gives them the right to kidnap people off the street. All I'm saying some people will alway prefer to be on the street, if vagrancy is illegal how to they keep it like that and not infringe in peoples right to live the way they want. :Confused:

R u kidding me Rau cous.......... Are u calling it kidnapping???? Come on, do u really think the vagrants like the position they are in now.......They should be glad they are getting help........

Living on the street is illegal as it it, thier no justification for living on the roads or the street, so if they are doing a wrong thing in the law i don't see the reason you want to defend them their

People are not safe with the vagrants around. About a month ago a womant got struck by one of the vagrants. On many ocassions I had to side stepped and hasten my speed because they were cursing at me. Most of them are addicts or mentally ill. They need to off the streets and rehabilated.This is not a nice sight especially for the tourists that frequent our island.

The funny thing about this is that NO one use to study these vagrants until they got highlighted in the news...... I guess its like everything else in this country.... Nothing is heard about it until something bad happens....

yeah i was exaggerating lol its just that i got used to seeing them like everyone else, now that they doing something feeling so strange, i never expected to happen. i still dunno whether to take it seriously

If people dont know the so called Father of the Nation build a home for vagrants in Piparo close the Empowerment Centre ( Drug Rehab-" None effective come out smoking more") it has recently been completed. I really dont know why they didnt build it next to Patrick house. Maybe they should have have them in he house it big enough. I think they spend more 13 or 30 million on the building and the vagrants are free to leave whenever the want. They just walking through the neighbourhood. The voices of the country people does not count. Any way there is about 20 people there and they are free to leave as they please. The program is for nine months and after that only Manning knows where they will go.

Well thats just stupid, they are calling these people mentally ill and a serious treat to society and they are letting them out any time as they please, Wtf wrong's with them man

20? Thats all!!!! Multi million building jus for twenty vagrants.....Should i say its jus a start or otherwise.... Once again we see our money in no good use....

well we near d season but last week ah see about seven in san do, an it look like dey get gd clothes from someone!!!

plz help T&T look gd for d rest of d year by helpin d mayor of POS in his drive to keep dem of d streets by stop feedin an givin dem help on d streets.....give it to d homeless ppl in shelters or poor ppl in ur community....coz by december d streets will b full ah vagarants!!!

Please people remember that there are local shelters in your community or district that you can give charity too or someone who is poor in your village by doing this you And others can prevent them from living on the streets

A MIDDLE-aged homeless woman died on the Brian Lara Promenade, Port of Spain yesterday and the police are now seeking the public's assistance in locating her relatives so that they could claim her.
Around 11 a.m. yesterday officers of the Central Police Station (CPS) received a call about a dead woman found obliquely opposite the offices of the Trinidad Express Newspapers.
They arrived on the scene and found the "Jane Doe," lying in a foetal position on the promenade near the corner of Charlotte Street and Independence Square.
Wearing a pink blouse and a dark blue denim skirt the woman appeared to have been dead for a few hours according to the police. There was a bit of liquid resembling blood near the body.
The heavily built woman was dark skinned and appeared to be in her mid-fifties to early sixties.
A number of investigators visited the scene where they gathered bits of evidence but up to press time last night they could not yet rule out foul play as an autopsy has not yet been done. The autopsy will only be done when a relative of this woman comes forward.
After being pronounced dead by a District Medical Officer the body was moved to the Port of Spain mortuary.
Anyone with information with regards to her name and last known address are asked to contact the CPS at 625-1261. —GG

400 homeless people will soon be off the streets of Port of Spain.
The Ministry of the People and Social Development and the Port of Spain City Corporation are working together to refurbish a facility at Old St. Joseph Road to accommodate street dwellers.

Back