UWI Negotiations Again Holding Back Classes

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

I received word yesterday that the class time tables at the uwi are still showing "draft timetable" and has a description which says contact your department for the latest changes. The course pages also do not provide any information at this time.

It has been brought to my attention that the staff are negotiating for a 16% pay increase once more. I was told there was a girl who needed to drop her registration documents at the Student Administration Services Building but was denied.

Is this becoming a norm with UWI staff? For two consecutive semesters they are holding back classes because they want money. New students have to enter into this mess, is there no importance on how they feel?

Lmao thy normal thing in uwi lol and ppl will be caught in it as usual so prepare for stress

Lmao yeah boy I done seeing that. Some of my friends had real stress with that today and over the week. Lots of people still registering/need to register.

Yea them does rell play up lol well that going and carry through to late in the semester

Lol I pass through today and loled like I don't remember new students going through that

Same here. Passed through, outside ASA was ridiculous. Line was properly snaked to the road.

lol well yall go get through they will extend everything like normal lmao

Unfortunately that means they may either rush the semester or go dangerously close to Christmas.

It doh matter to me nah lol. Is the new students who will really feel it.

HUH thank lord i finish with those UWI dramas.

While i understand that they are underpaid (which everyone knows since long time ago, so its not really a surprise), it doesn't give them the right to mess up/ play with students' futures. It's really low to go that far !

they not messing up their futures tho lol lectures going and and teach as normal...is the stress the students who need help because of some random craps they ha deal with lol

Yeah that's true, the lecturers will continue as normal its just additional burden and stress from the pressure of having to move at such a quick rate can cause some people to not adjust in time and well that can mess them up bad.

Back