UWI Campus Security

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

I've Heard So much about UWI campus and their lazy security officers. It is ALLEGED that the UWI campus security don't do their jobs...you don't see them around CAMPUS patrolling even in the nights , they harass students and soot girls and also there is a GENERAL lack of them on the whole! I Didn't want to believe that the biggest university situated in Trinidad in the Caribbean didn't have proper security until recently i witnessed it for myself. At the front gate of the south entrance ( from the highway) i was walking out of campus passing MALE guards who were in a group LIMING by a tree (NOT EVEN BY THE FRONT ENTRANCE CHECKING FOR IDS ETC ETC) To go to YOU-WEE Grocery thats only like 10 feet away literally . The security guards saw me walking out and heading in back 5 mins after . While i was walking in with 2 friends we saw the 3 security guards pose up watching a FEMALE STUDENT'S Behind and commenting to themselves letting the student pass freely because she looks good to them. When they saw us watching, and hearing us talking about how they concentrating on the woman's behind they stopped us and ask for OUR IDs.. I Said to them why didn't you stop that woman and ask her or didn't you because you were too busy looking at her a$$.

Main thing is that UWI has thousands of students and its the security guard's jobs to protect us not to delay in their work and lagging behind. There are NUMEROUS ROBBERIES AND RAPES taking place in UWI up to now..but do they PUBLICIZE IT ? NO! Because they would not want to deter students from coming and of course destroy our already deteriorated reputation.. There are many complaints about the security system and admin is doing nothing to hire some more guards to protect us !

ah went a day to meet some friends up in SAC and i eh even have a bag with me and them just watch me normel and i pass them straight. alotta people does come in uwi and campus security doh even care yes but when something happen den them go quick to do somethin

Back