Unsanitary Doubles Vendors In Trinidad!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Unsanitary Doubles Vendors In Trinidad!

4j7tx.jpg

So you know we Trini's love our Doubles but have you guys ever noticed most of the time there is only one vendor wrapping the Doubles and then using the same hand to collect and change the money? Another thing is that these people are also using their bare hands to pick up the Bara and knowing that all kinds of bacteria maybe present.How can these people be in possessions of a food badge , prepare food and handle money at the same time? I had first hand experience of the doubles vendor next to Pennywise in Chaguanas doing this and i walked out one time. People saw this and did nothing except continue to patronize from this unsanitary vendor.

How about those questionable containers they keep the doubles in ? Or the grime stuck on the doubles vending cart? Kyle's doubles in Chaguans opposite the old gas station uses BLEACH BOTTLES to keep their channa and condiments . Our whole country that is filled with business that sells proper containers, one man will use a bleach bottle! That is utter nonsense !

To top it off , most of the times they don't even have any sort of water to wash you hands before and after eating .

What is your view on this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have noticed some of them do this. Its a wonder people don't realise that they have not the slightest clue what they're consuming.

well i for one once i don't see tongs on the bara then i don't eat period! nobody sweaty hands going on my food especially doubles

I don't like doubles and will always look for an alternative but I have noticed the unsanitary preparations. Some do have a little container with a tap to wash hands, but after everyone's dirty hands turned the tap on, you're just getting back dirty when you turn it off. Even when there are two vendors present and only one deals with money, both still usually handle the food! We're talking germs on the paper, bara, condiments kept in unsanitary ways etc. Sometimes everything is just out in the open for flies to have a buffet. You think if they find a fly in the channa they gonna tell you "there was a fly in the channa, so we closing up people!" Nope, they keep going til they sell out if possible. Proper sanitary conditions for handling food would include a separate cashier and cleaner. For those dealing in food, they must display their food badge prominently, wear gloves, hair covering, apron, have areas delegated for cooking and laying out to prepare the food etc.

The truth is it's real easy to get a food badge here. Many people in community groups light heartedly decide who will get one to make sure they have enough food badges to carry out their bazaars etc. and encourage people who will not even be cooking to get one to make up the numbers. Just imagine how easy it is to get a food badge and cook/sell any type of food then! It is not taken seriously. What we eat affects our health and I personally know people that prepare food to sell while sick with contagious illnesses and force their workers to come out with contagious illness as well. They're not going to say "we're sick, you'll get sick if we open and sell today". First of all, there are people who will still want to come! Secondly, they need to make money. Getting others sick through terrible hygiene habits is not considered their problem.

Maybe the sweaty hands when handling the doubles is to add that extra bit of much needed salt lol. I wonder what Tourist does think when they see this a person handling food and money with their bare hands.

Lmao gross! Probably brush it aside as exotic island life and watch with the same amazement when we eat it with our hands lol then maybe go home with food poisoning.

On a real though, a bleach bottle????? He holds a food badge? That is absolutely ridiculous. Will never ever buy from him!

Tourists and myself probably wonder where these people come from.... Everyone knows food and money don't mix when it comes to handling both simultaneously. The place I buy from has a dedicated orders handler. One man handles all money and orders, the other just makes and packages.

Back