Transmission Change

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Sky22

LV

Hey Guys, asking for a friend..Does anyone know where i can get a transmission to buy for a Nissan Bluebird Sylphy.. Or is it better to remake one ? I was telling him its better to remake one because i head you get a year warranty .. Any advice?

I think its better the rebuild one, it will cost an fraction of another one's cost and it will work better and last longer.

Yea, better to rebuild. You never really know what you getting when buying a foreign used transmission. You don't know the condition or how much abuse it has faced. However, when you rebuild, you not only get it warrantied, but you at least you know that some new parts went into the repair of the transmission.

There is a guy in chase village that does exceptional work on re-building automatic transmissions. Id see if i can get contact information for you. I agree with the other comments on the forum, its better to re-build.

V2nr 3.0 said:
There is a guy in chase village that does exceptional work on re-building automatic transmissions. Id see if i can get contact information for you. I agree with the other comments on the forum, its better to re-build.
Would like to get that contact info as well. Need a tranny rebuilt ASAP

As others said, better to rebuild. It may be cheaper to buy a used one, but you have no idea of the condition of the one you get in the Bamboo

I had mine rebuilt at Glasses Transmisson in Longdenville, Chaguanas last year May. Set me back $4500 for a full rebuild. Warranty is 1 year or 12,000km. No issues since.

I went for full even though my issue was just the reverse gear, which he could have fixed for $1500.

Tel: 665-3926

Thanks Man! Cunupia to Longdenville is not far at all. Will send this info asap

Back