Toyota Trinidad

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

So toyota has come out with a very impressive new line up for their vehicles. Alot of people are buying the Corolla and Yaris like crazy and everywhere you turn, you see them. People in Trinidad will pay the money to buy the vehicles due to the high resale value and availability of parts . Their fleet consists of :

• Yaris
  • Corolla
  • Camry
  • Rav4
  • Fortuner
  • Prado
  • FJ Cruiser

Did not see a recent promotion or offers from their company . What you guys think? This flyer was their last promo
    2q8c4zq.jpg

I think the FJ Cruiser is a sad excuse for an off road vehicle compared to its older models.

Corolla is way over priced compared to the Elantra and Cerato feature for feature. It also isnt as interesting to look at.

Personally like the new RAV4 a lot. Its a cabin to be in with our rough roads. Take my word for it.

The 200 series LC Prado looks like an alien and I think 19w H16 fog lights are a sad excuse for cost cutting on a predominantly offroad centric vehicle but it remains relatively the same as its 150 series counterpart.

Yaris is one word that people used to scorn. Now its quite the opposite!

86 is very overpriced in Trinidad and that makes it a gray area for most people since its not worth 400k for a 200hp NA Rwd little sports car.

I'm most interested in the new Hilux/Fortuner reveal in the later months of this year.

last time i checked the corolla was on a special at 205 for the "fully loaded" version on the road which wasnt a bad price......the RAV4 design language didnt appeal to me especially what they are giving you for the prices they are going at....i would of quicker bought the fully loaded nissan x-trail over it if i was looking for a vehicle in that price range and the FJ cruiser is good but compare to it TRD Pro series vehicles it looks like a toodler

Corolla is way over priced compared to the Elantra and Cerato feature for feature. It also isnt as interesting to look at.

Honestly yes ! It is wayy overpriced for a stock model and fully loaded !

The cerato and cruze has wayy more features , saftey ratings and performance . I don't like how basic the stock model is ! Even the stock models for the other vehicles not so plain .

Cruze is one my all time local favorites. With or without the bodykit it retains a really aggressive front fascia. I really like it.
The only Corollas I've grown to like have been the S and Altis models neither of which we get locally and would be total failures at current prices assuming they were sold as higher trims.

Cerato looks a bit small to me, the Elantra seems bigger but maybe it just looks that way.

If I had to choose a sedan I'd choose a Nissan Maxima SV. With a 3.5l V6 pushing out 290hp its no slouch and a very luxurious and refined car. Very similar to the Teana 350XV.

last time i checked the corolla was on a special at 205 for the "fully loaded" version on the road which wasnt a bad price......the RAV4 design language didnt appeal to me especially what they are giving you for the prices they are going at....i would of quicker bought the fully loaded nissan x-trail over it if i was looking for a vehicle in that price range and the FJ cruiser is good but compare to it TRD Pro series vehicles it looks like a toodler

The Rav4 is not what you buy for looks. Its what you buy for smoothness and ride quality. Its so quiet I forget its on sometimes. The interior is really spacious and granted you don't expect to buy the every feature ticked model you will find lots to love in the rav4.

Xtrail is cool love it a lot but its expensive. More so than the Rav4 last time I went to the dealers.

Dude the older first gen Fj would put the 3rd gen to shame on a good day. Worse yet for a rainy day out in the wild.

the interior of the rav4 looks great no doubt when i sat in it think it will appeal more to the older heads

the interior of the rav4 looks great no doubt when i sat in it think it will appeal more to the older heads

True I also felt that way. What I don't like is the Two toned Terracotta and Black interior. The Beige and Black is a much nicer combo or even the all black.

Still really like the way the X-trail looks, it has a really refreshing look to it.

The xtrail was nice but it felt cramped up but nice at the same time the only pet peeve I had was the foot pedal handbrakes....I know it convient location but just not my liking lol I like it in the old fashion location

Interesting I thought it would have the switch for Parking brake like the Qashqai.

Did it have the lights on the center console that illuminate when the door opens?

Interesting I thought it would have the switch for Parking brake like the Qashqai.

Did it have the lights on the center console that illuminate when the door opens?

Didnt really pay attention to that will give it a check out when i go back massy to have a peak at the NP300 them

Personally people are telling me to consider the Corolla because i will get back the money's worth later down the years when i'm ready to sell it . I don't know why we still have a stigma attached to Toyota Vehicles. Maybe it's because they were the only plentiful cars long ago and now we can get parts for them? Idk !
I wish we were like the US where there are no stigma and people buy cars based on the real factual stuff : Safety , Performance, Features etc.

^^^thts the backward thinking but at the end of the day is a car you would like to drive also even one game on high

Well Hyundai's holding their resale value. KIA as well.Corollas are just stupidly over priced.

People just resent change and that's evident by telling you about resale. Even if you could sell it for a 10k more later down the road that wouldn't matter because the price you paying for the others with better value more than compensates for some resale value to a point which isn't that great to start with.

Back