Toyota & Nissan Recall 2015

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Why didn't we hear anything about this in the news ?

Japanese car giants Toyota and Nissan are recalling a total of 6.5 million cars globally to replace potentially faulty airbag inflators made by Takata.
Toyota said it was recalling just under five million cars, including the Corolla, Vitz and other models made between March 2003 and November 2007.
Nissan is recalling about 1.56 million cars over the same issue.
Both carmakers said the recall was for investigative purposes and no accidents or injuries have been reported.
Toyota, the world's biggest carmaker, said the recall affected 35 of its models made around the world and that it would include 1.36 million cars in Japan.
The move is the latest in the saga of potentially exploding airbags made by Japanese car parts maker Takata that has been linked to at least six deaths - all in Honda cars.
[h=2]More recalls ahead[/h]After the recalls by Toyota and Nissan were announced, Honda - Japan's number three automaker - said it was also preparing to announce more car recalls related to the air bags.
No details were given on the number of cars Honda would recall.
In March, Honda had said it was recalling another 100,000 vehicles in the US related to the airbags.
About 25 million vehicles with Takata airbags have been recalled worldwide by 10 different carmakers since 2008.

This is what i wanted to know. i haven't seen it on the papers at all

we live in Trinidad we never affected by any of this lmao thats what the companies would say

LOCAL car dealers including Toyota and Honda have reacted to the decision by a Japanese based company to issue a recall involving 34 million vehicles, in which the air bags can explode, causing death or injury. Honda in Trinidad is unsure whether its vehicles are affected. Toyota has already received a list of chassis number to determine if its vehicles are involved in recall.
Yesterday a representative from Toyota told the Express that the company recently received the list and by today should determine if any of its vehicles would need to be recalled.
The New York Times reported yesterday that for decades one of the largest suppliers of airbags, Japanese company Takata, denied that its products were defective although automakers globally had to recall millions of cars outfitted with Takata products. Takata also produces seat belts, child seats, textile products, steering wheel systems, electronics and interior parts for vehicles.

Takata is a very big name in the industry. It would do them no good to accept a fault in their products but if it extends to November 2007 I could possibly at risk since my truck was built in November 2007.

Lol if it have recall in Trinidad that will be a miracle other than that.... They go play it off as no we get our cars from another factory....

Lol if it have recall in Trinidad that will be a miracle other than that.... They go play it off as no we get our cars from another factory....

Lmao they go bawl we getting from Thailand. Which is partly true for some vehicles.

Wondering if the foreign used cars will have the problem too.

Not sure and if its so, that would be a big problem seeing that many are importing the cars themselves and also local roro dealers. They might be hard to track down.

I wonder if the Takata company will be sued! Its very dangerous to lie about defectiveness of their products since they make safety equipment. It's lives they are playing with yes!

Its unlikely any oem will sue them. a consumer will faster sue bc the manufacturers know its bad for the industry.

Back