Toyota Camry

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

The Toyota Camry is one of the most popular sedans in America as more than 10 million were sold and counting till date. It was also ranked as one of the most top stolen cars in USA. But Here In Trinidad it sells very seldom. The Camry was also manufactured out of Japan. Why do you think one of america's most popular vehicle is not popular here? Why are the corollas and altis selling but not the Camry?

Toyota today sells the

• 2.5 Litre 4 Cylinder Gasoline (Fuel Injected 16-Valve DOHC)
  • Six (6) Speed Super Electronic Automatic Transmission
  • Electric Impact Sensing Fuel Cut System
  • High Speed Sensitive Power Steering
  • Factory installed keyless entry with Immobilizer and Alarm

You can check it out here http://www.toyota-trinidad.com/dl/camry/Camry_2.5_Fabric.pdf

clp-2014-toyota-camry-naperville-il-1.jpg

This is one of the most stolen cars in America as well. Thieves love them for their airbags and stereos which are worth quite a fortune in the USA.

Camry's don't sell here due to the price. Its super expensive when compared to a Corolla or back when we uses to get the zze120 Altis those were even cheaper used.

Personally I love the Camry and would like to see it go head to head in a video with the Accord.

I'm not sure why but it's not popular with most people I know. I haven't heard any specific complaints against it, but other cars are brought up as better when the Camry is referenced. We had one for a while and the only downside I remember was it guzzled down gas like a monster lol

I'm not sure why but it's not popular with most people I know. I haven't heard any specific complaints against it, but other cars are brought up as better when the Camry is referenced. We had one for a while and the only downside I remember was it guzzled down gas like a monster lol

theres you ans ahahaha no1 like a gas guzzler hahahaha....me i just dont fancy the camry have noting against it...but it never spoke as much as the crown did and that one is a rare site also

Camries are a popular affair in the states. Trinidad makes cars like those unaffordable.

In comparison to how far a full tank of gas could take you in other cars, the excitement did not last long at all lol I think the advantages of other cars are just greater, especially taking the gas factor into consideration lol

Won't say no but we are accustomed to smaller engines locally so that's another factor as well. In America a Camry 3.5 or 2.5 is a small engine for them as they are accustomed to big displacement v8 gas guzzlers. So when you compare it yes the Camry will not be as popular here and I still think it's the extreme price that makes it not very popular here.

Yup I forgot about that - I think the engine was bigger than other cars we knew.

not sure of the current model as they scarce and the last one i saw had hybrid on it so..........dunno

I think we had a 2.0, local used.

If I'm not mistaken the current gen is available as a Hybrid and a 2.5l locally. It uses the same 2.5 engine as the rav4.

There is one in Edinburgh 500. I personally think it doesn't make sense to buy one here , but who am i kidding? Trini people love nonsense !

Back