Tire Care/ Tyre Shine Thread UPDATED!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

There are 3 major types of Tire shine/cleaner products. The first being Spray ons which come in bottles with spray nozzles, the second being aerosols and the third, gels.

-Gels tend to last the longest and are normally applied with a sponge to the tire.
-Spray Ons typically don't last very long but are not a bad option if used with a tire sponge.
-Aerosols make a mess of the rim and sometimes the paint work depending on whether wind is blowing or not, this is my least favourite type.

Anyway, on to what you've been waiting for, here are the reviews and how tos for some of the tire shine/cleaner products that you may have come across in your local shops.

How tos:
How to Apply Tire Gel Properly(Will work for any gel based tire shine)

Reviews:

Talk about a tire cleaner! Mother's Back to Black Tire Renew sure does get the job done quickly and effectively. I usually spray strong APC and agitate with a brush but never ever get results close to this!

Surf City Garage Code Red Wheel Cleaner

Meguiar's Ultimate Black Tire Coating

Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel(Excellent stuff!)

Dub Tire Shine - By Meguiar's

Turtle Wax Jet Black Black Endura Shine Tire Coating with How To (6 to 1 year month tire shine!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wayz boy nirtime, u spend rel time to sort all dis review and them, I like d purple bottle Meguiars one plenty but for shine nothing could beat d HS one in d black can. it does sell for like 55, go like to see ah review on it

Currently testing the HS Ultra Gloss Tire Shine. Will be updating this thread with results in the coming weeks.

Update: Not too pleased with the HS Ultra Gloss Gel what so ever. Pics to follow by weekend once I get some rain this week to follow.

I use Sonax tire and wheel kit. It can really remove stubborn dirt and bake dust on my truck's SOTA wheels. The tire gel leaves a semi-gloss finish which I really like.

Back