Tips to Keep Any Vehicle Looking Nice

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Here are some tips to keep your car/van/truck/suv/insert vehicle type here looking nice:

-Wash Weekly
-Use 2 bucket wash method
-Clean out under wheel wells
-Degrease and coat rims
-Keep a wax or two layered over the clear coat
-Vacuum as often as necessary
-Wipe out and clean interior weekly as well
-Clean engine once with a strong degreaser if necessary and use a gentler mix more frequently to keep the engine clean
-Coat engine with a speed detailer(dressing) of choice.
-Coat trims and plastics with a protectant of choice. Especially if you have a new Kia or other vehicle with a lot of unpainted black plastic trims to the bottom.
-Coat tires with dressing to retain black look.

And most importantly exercise common sense in transporting anything at all in the vehicle. Try to keep an old sheet or something in the trunk so you don't dirty the trunk mat or back seats.

This is excellent! I'm liking this post when the feature comes back lol Very concise and informative!

- To also avoid people from leaning/ sitting on your vehicle to prevent scratching or denting .
- To wash off dirt properly from your vehicle before applying soap mix with a cloth. Sharp dirt particles can get stuck on the cloth and scratch your paint .
- To also secure hub caps with tie straps or reinforce them properly to avoid them from being stolen or lost .

- To also avoid people from leaning/ sitting on your vehicle to prevent scratching or denting .
- To wash off dirt properly from your vehicle before applying soap mix with a cloth. Sharp dirt particles can get stuck on the cloth and scratch your paint .

Two bucket wash method covers the particulate scratching far more in depth. Check it out, you may find it interesting.

Thank you very much , i will def have a look at it

For anyone who wants a starter on a new car or paint thats decent, here is what I use:
-Simple Green car wash or Mother's California Gold with 2 bucket method works well to wash off surface contaminants safely.
-Put down Mother's FX Synwax for 3 months of protection.
-Layer Mother's Step 3 Pure Carnauba over this for brilliance without question.

This is what I used successfully on two vehicles over the past five months or so. I plan on switching to some online only products but for average use, the synwax and pure carnauba combo makes for a really nice water repelling and easily cleaned/protected painted surface. I can easily go 3 months without having to wax again and I only use the Pure Carnauba when I want to get a somewhat-wet looking shine.

Where u bought the Mother's FX Synwax?

Price Club supermarket in Chaguanas. I have since bought Rejex an excellent paint sealant that lasts 6 months, provides better shine and ridiculous water repellency. Its also cheaper than the synwax.

These tips are surely appreciable, the thing is to take care of rest of the ride's need. Once you have those options i am sure a lot can be taken care of through it.
This is the most necessary part of it.

It's nice to have you posting madracer, wondered where you were for so long lol.

yes of course it is important to take care of the rest of the vehicle too!

Yuh kno I neva try d 2 bucket method, I now hearin bout dat for d first time. hmm I go try

Back