This is how you prepare your doors for speakers.

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

"Pros" in Trinidad boast about their skills and show off by sticking Damplifier Pro to doors and calling it "sealed" when its really just a pain in the ass when the vehicle gets old and the locking mechanisms need repair or the window regulator must come out.

This guy, Mark, at Car Audio Fabrication always shows the best techniques. Have a look at this video where he actually shows you what you need to do truly get the most of your expensive speakers.

Being a Car Audio fanatic for the past 4 years, I've really learned a lot from CAF. I'm sure you can too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3EXuHlBy4M

You watch CAF too! Didn't see this video. Last one I watched was JP's center console box tutorial. Most people only sound deaden the trunk and the headliner and don't bother with the doors. I'm one of those people sadly.

Haha yes bro CAF is one my favourite channels. Its where I learned to design boxes using winisd and sketchup.

Wait do you know TheLifeOfPrice with JP?

I saw he posted up a video with the software he uses. I don't mind paying for them at all.

TheLifeofPrice is my goal. Tahoe 2.0

I watch him and Steve Meade...never seen someone put a full system in a RZR. But he did. He also did sound deaden his doors in the RZR

Hoping to upgrade my audio at the end of the year if I can. Looking to spend around 5k on 4 door speakers, subwoofer and whatever else I need to run it. Any suggestions? Also what songs do you use to test your audio?

Hoping to upgrade my audio at the end of the year if I can. Looking to spend around 5k on 4 door speakers, subwoofer and whatever else I need to run it. Any suggestions? Also what songs do you use to test your audio?

It depends on what you want to achieve. Do you want loud or to have great sound quality? Do you like the bass to shake the whole car and be the most prevalent thing in the music?

For testing, I use music I'm familiar with thats at least 320kbps MP3 format(FLAC is even better).If I install a sub I'll use bass mekanik or other songs with bass like Decaf and run a few test tones to see how it responds.
For mids and highs anything with instruments and drums works well for me. Familiar songs work well for this too.

Personally I'm a Sound Quality guy, I run no rear speakers and have my sub blending into the front stage with a deep midbass and otherwise flat frequency response.

You would follow the video only in an extreme case if you truly wanted to maintain the serviceability of the door while getting maximum midbass.

I'm the same. Sound quality is what I want to go for. I have a playlist with about 7 songs in FLAC format that I use whenever testing my audio equipment (I.e. headphones right now). I like to hear everything in a song but still get enough bass power to feel it.

I was looking at getting the Infinity 8" woofer and building the system to match that level of loudness with really highh quality

I'm the same. Sound quality is what I want to go for. I have a playlist with about 7 songs in FLAC format that I use whenever testing my audio equipment (I.e. headphones right now). I like to hear everything in a song but still get enough bass power to feel it.

I was looking at getting the Infinity 8" woofer and building the system to match that level of loudness with really highh quality

I can personally recommend a nice 4 channel amp like the PPI S960.4. it has better Sq than the Sedona line up and should be enough for what you need. Have seen this retail for $1900

If youre willing to give up a bit more space a 10" DD 500 series sub can be very musical. I personally own the 8" and 12" version and both of them are really nice and blend well with the music. Having heard the 10 I can highly recommend it at its price point assuming it is used in a factory sized box and tuned to about 35hz. It will provide the nice low end extension a bit similar to over ear studio monitors once it is matched by a component speaker set while being able to shake the car up so you will definitely feel it.

The 8" 500 series also does the same thing but since I am feeding 550W rms to mine im not sure how itll perform in a different cabin with less power.

Also if youre willing to go a bit extra, Hybrid Audio Imagine 2 way components are available locally for $1300 and by themselves are very impressive. They are supposedly one of the best component sets within the price bracket.

Memphis Audio also makes an entry level component set that retails locally for around $600. For the price its a great set having a flat frequency response with decent midbass.

I have the DD CS6.5 in my personal vehicle. I have it in the front doors with no rear speakers. I feed 50w rms to each side and in my cabin I get some ridiculous bass from them by themselves with a natural hump around 4khz. These are very loud for a pair of components with good quality sound and the woofer is very very shallow so itll fit in any car door. Retail on these are $850.

If you're interested in getting some demos I can pm you the info to the shop in Central I purchased from.

You will also likely a need head unit to have some adjustability over the system as well. Entry level Pioneer single din units with two pairs of rca outputs are enough. Have used and installed the Pioneer x6700bt previously.

As with all things Sq its placement and install, you might need to experiment a little bit before you decide on where to place your tweeters to get a great sound stage and also play with your low pass crossover on the mid bass woofer so that there wont be a gap between midbass and sub bass. Also do keep in mind that some cars have a natural tendency to cancel out sub bass at the listening position. In that case it is recommended to face the subwoofer towards the license plate side and it may require a 3" cut out in the back dash to get the bass to vent into the cabin(remvoe the back speakers in that case XD)

Hope this helps you Dude

Hmmm good info there. I checked a place earlier this year that has the full DD line up. It's just north of central park in Chaguanas iirc. They seem good. Also, I'm looking to keep the car look as stock as I can (with the exception of the deck, looking to upgrade that end of the year if I can as well) with maximum trunk space (hence the 8" sub, but the 10" doesn't sound too bad). I want my passengers to be none the wiser until I turn up the volume :heh:

I think the impreza I have only has door speakers (none on the rear dash).

I dont make modification to the vehicle. it all remains intact. Tweeters can be mounted easily with double sided tape where no tweeter panel is present.

I set up my system myself for total stock look. Its pure stealth minus the head unit. Nobody really expects an 8" with 500 rms behind a back seat with not that much space XD. All of it can be Uninstalled with no traces as well.

DD is known for loudness down here but they make a few SQ sets.

honestly if I had to do it again I would go Hybrid Audio its a pure Sq brand with a very good reputation.

Hmmmm. I'll come back and let you know when I ready and you could help set me up.

You shouldn't have much issues other than a bit of cancellation assuming you take the extra steps to do everything properly.

Does your car have factory tweeter pods?

Back