This Is How We Ride

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
It's the speed and the wind that really makes this video something else! I'd love to try bike riding but I fear for my life with a light truck so I don't think that'll happen anytime soon :confused:

You don't have to ride fast if you don't want to. In fact I'm starting to slow down. I feel as though I've got the speed demon out of my system. Time to rock back and relax a bit.

Wayyyzz,I always like bikes specially d Yamaha R6 and R1 but ah does worry but if I go to crash now.

That's why you always start on a small bike. The after credit scene was my brother crashing into my bike. It was his first time riding out of our neighbourhood. But his bike is a 180cc and is a lot lighter than mine so crashing on that is much like falling from a bicycle... much more forgiving. Thankfully all he got was some whiteman so I told him pack up the bike till he gets full gears.

So far I've had about 10 falls and the worst injury I've gotten is whiplash from falling with a 4lb helmet on my head. Not pleasant at all. I have a friend that wears nothing but short pants, vest and slippers. He crashed last week, broke his leg and split open his shin. 17 stitches or something like that.

There are some accidents that gears can't help you with (high speed fatal accidents) but it greatly reduces minor injuries and lessens major injuries. The trick is to never ride above your skill level so you avoid putting yourself in situations where you get into an accident that is so bad you gears won't help you.

That is some very very sound advice there Dude. I find it really interesting from what you said there. Would you recommend someone whose never ridden before but is considering a bike for a daily machine to do it?

Yeah. That's exactly what I did and in my opinion is the best thing that you can do. No matter how many videos you watch or lessons you take there is and never will be any substitute for seat time. I would say ride as much as you possibly can and try to get that first few hundred hours of experience out of the way as quick as possible.

Dude i feel we need a thread for getting started. Someone was asking me about buying a 1000CC Yamaha and they didn't know anything about riding.

Yeah that's a huge mistake. I see fellas boast about starting on a 1000 and either end up dead or 2 years later and they still too scared of the power to throw their bike down in a corner. I feel I'll start a Q&A based thread for anyone that wants to start riding.

Yup. All of the newer ones are capable of crossing 300kmph. And that's directly off the factory line with no aftermarket parts or tuning.

Dang that is some insane speed on two wheels. That probably is very scary.

Back