Things Everyone Should Know

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Shadowhunter

LV

People have the tendency to make references to books, movies, events etc. in both written and verbal conversation. What are some references you've used or come across that others didn't know?

"Like Carrie at the prom" from the 1976 movie Carrie.

References to terrible pregnancies or "tainted" children from the 1968 movie Rosemary's Baby.

References to Yoda, Jar Jar Binks, Padawan, Obi Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Chewbacca/Wookies, Luke Skywalker, lightsabers, The Death Star, The Empire, or Princess Leia from Star Wars.

References to narcissists or bad mothers from the 1981 based on a true story movie Mommie Dearest.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin" direct quote from the 1991 movie Silence of the Lambs.

"Say hello to my little friend!" direct quote from the 1983 movie Scarface.

"Beam me up Scotty" (phrase made famous by pop culture, not the legit quote) from Star Trek.

"Am I being Punk'd?" from Ashton Kutcher's Punk'd (the pranking show that kind of wiped Candid Camera out of our memories.)

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song and main characters.

The Friends theme song and main characters.

What would you add to this list?

What a floppy disk is LOL

oReaT.jpg

Back