The Quality of Shopping Carts/TrolleysFound at Local Businesses

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

I once remember when you could go to Price Smart and use a trolley and it would work as it was intended. Things were good. These days, almost every single trolley has some form of deformity. Be it a bent frame or a bad wheel, the trolleys are in absolutely deplorable condition.

It is so hard to push some of these trolleys with deformed wheels and when weight is added, forget about easy rolling. It really disgusts me and for an establishment where trolleys are the basis of shopping, I cannot understand why we are having these problems when the business makes a huge profit.

What do you think? Is it just me, or do you feel the same?

i think it has to do with what some people carrying the weight but your right....they should have someone who services those trolleys as it gets really annoying and fast especially the ones with problems you only discover when there is load in it

You hit the nail on the head there with that one Grim, discovering problems only when the trolley is loaded, LOL not a nice time.

Last time that happened to me was this week and I had to pretend the trolley was a car and be careful how the weight shifted when cornering because the left front wheel was looking like someone ate it for dinner.

I agree. Some of them give problems before you put any weight in though. I think they just order in their batches and forget about them after that. Something like cart/trolley maintenance will probably be seen as a waste of money for many businesses but carts in deplorable conditions can be quite a deterrent to customers. Sometimes I just hold everything in my hands if it's not much, but for heavier or numerous items, you really don't have a choice. I'm pretty sure they see customers struggling with the carts or at least hear from the staff that puts them away, but it's their choice not to prioritize the matter.

Last time we were in Price Club and we got one bad trolley that was only moving in the right direction.
So happens that when we pushed it through one of the lanes , it knocked down and broke a Nescafe bottle .
Nothing happened, the management just cleaned it up.

Groceries don't care about trolleys. It not bringing in any money for the grocery, just a simple means of carrying items that were bought. Look at food basket in chaguanas , they were left in the rain and sun outside in the car park. Trolleys there were horrendous and almost all were rusting. Now i see they are putting them by where they sell the items outside.

Trolleys are the main transport for our items and to shop at a grocery. However, i don't think it will be fixed in a hurry. I see some people all over trinidad with them Price Smart trolleys . Lol ..You could theif it too and them not worrying

Never really had a bad/broken trolley. I see some lined up for usage that's in bad condition though, that's when I know today I'll get stronger and use a basket. I see vagrants with better trolleys in POS all the time.

Thats a very valid point by Lorenzo. As pointed out by Ladydeath, they don't mind if a few go missing but to think that its actually the good ones that go missing and all the bad ones remain, that kind of shows these places don't care about their customers as much as they should.

Price Club generally has good trolleys, they keep them in doors and the wheels all work properly. Its Price Smart I have the biggest gripe about, almost all the trolleys have defective wheels and some not noticeable unless loaded.

I agree. Some of them give problems before you put any weight in though. I think they just order in their batches and forget about them after that. Something like cart/trolley maintenance will probably be seen as a waste of money for many businesses but carts in deplorable conditions can be quite a deterrent to customers. Sometimes I just hold everything in my hands if it's not much, but for heavier or numerous items, you really don't have a choice. I'm pretty sure they see customers struggling with the carts or at least hear from the staff that puts them away, but it's their choice not to prioritize the matter.

Thats exactly why it will continue. People don't use their power as a bargaining body to get things to change. It just gets worse and they continue to spend more and more on the same items and even buy more when prices rise. So I really don't understand sometimes how this works.

A few times their very own trolley pushers almost knocked me down... My dad looked like he wanted to reach for the boy's throat that time but good thing it didn't come to that lol.

Back