The PROPER Way to Wash A Car

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

I usually do my own write ups to provide the best all rounded exposure to a various technique/best method. However, if it's one thing that is always done right, is a tutorial from Larry Kosilla at AMMO NYC. Larry is a professional detailer who was done detailing for over 15 years and here is one of his fine tutorials. This is the proper way to do a weekly washing. No under-the-house car wash in Trinidad and Tobago is going to give you a wash like this. For the price of about 4 or 5 car washes, you get all the tools you need right here in T&T and follow the method to maintain your own car to look its best.

Last edited by a moderator:
U Eva try this nirtime? It lukin like it does work wit transferrin d dirt from d cloth to d fresh water... Still hadda try it ah day. Wah car wash soap u recommend too?

Yeah I've been using this for about 9-10 months now. I did a full paint correction about 7 months ago and to date I have no swirls under intense light. There are the occasional light swirl here and there but its much much better. I have ridiculously soft black paint. You watch it hard and it scratches so this method is A+.

For car wash detergent, I usually like to choose something that's more of a gel like consistency. I typically find those are more concentrated and provide the most lubrication while washing. Depending on your budget, the Mother's California Gold Car Wash or Meguiar's Gold Class are both excellent car washes and if I do say so, they both very well with similar mixing ratios.

Neither of them really contain the "wash n wax" formula but I have a paint sealant on my paint for that.

Back