Tetris celebrating 25 years

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Tetris the game which involved rotating falling blocks (tetrominoes) so that they would land to fit perfectly into the blocks below is celebrating its 25th anniversary today! Have to admit this is a benchmark to all gaming especially the puzzle genre. Notably remember this beauty of the Nintendo line up of gameboy hand held consoles.

Having sold more then 70 million copies and been sold on a multitude of platforms the game was first made available on the IBM computer, but it didn't become a major hit until it was launched on Nintendo's Game Boy hand held console in 1989. It has been reported that the Game Boy version of Tetris sold more than 35 million copies!

Happy 25th Anniversary!

Tetris so young? I dont want to sound dotish but i thought that game was oooollldd! Like vacum tube computers old lol. Still 25 years is a ridiculously long time for a computer game to stay popular. That just shows how rewarding and addictive it can be. It's a good game God bless whoever invented it... they deserve some kinda award.. and millions of dollars. lol

I remember it was selling for $10 in the $10 store when i was younger i think $40 i have kinda bad memory. I had all kinda gamboy colours..that game used to send me krazy longtime i cannot believe so much tme has passed

I'm with raucous i also taught the game was older its older than me, I think tetris started on 8bit user consoles, and its still popular today which is amazing

Back