Teenage Pregnancy

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Do you think that teenage pregnancy is a problem in your area??

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Jed........Pregnancy Going Around Like A Disease Or Sumthing Is it me or my area 95% of teenage girls are sexually active, planning on getting so & done pregnant and married i saw a girl from my school who left recently she's only 17 and she done pregnant and married already :icon_neutral: ................whats going on ?? Is it that the old time days coming back LOL

Yeah the old days are coming back. lol. Teen pregnancy is too common, it's being confused for a normal thing. Dont get me wrong, pregnancy is a wonderful thing but there is a time a place for everything. Pregnancy and the wrong age really disrupts the flow of your life, it may force too many changes that kinda take away some of the fun stuff lol. Some people might gain some lessons on responsibility and maturity but i'm more afraid of those who dont. Too many kids palm off thier kids on thier own parents lol, thats not cool, if they were willing to do adult things they should at least act adult with the results of thier actions. At least some teen dads stick around, hopefully this increase will create more support for teen parents. Cuz i really hope they make it work.

I think adults still feel like young people are naiive and dont know whats goin on
so they fail to educate them about ways to protect themselves
thus resulting in teenage pregnancy and stds..

educationn is key ! =)

Thats True.....The world is changing so fast teenagers are so curious they want to try and experience everything they cud..to me parents have to talk to their children and educate them about these things.they need to form a bonded relationship with them in order to give them advice

exactly.
I think young people should be able to talk to an older adult figure in their life without worrying about the backlash. It's that fear that makes them do things without knowing the facts first. Im not saying that adults should be carefree in their kids decisions, but I do think that there should be more communication, expecially in our community..

every has sex, but no one wants to talk about it.
the question is how do you fix that.. ?

id say being open is key?!?!
maybe we'll jus have to let the olden days come again..
or teenage pregnancy can be stopped...
how
maybe educate ppl
or if they wanna have sex.. use god damn protection :| .. it helps in the long run

There was a girl from a country which i can't remember now but when she was 15 years old she had her first son, then at sixteen she had triplets and now she turn seventeen she had another set of triplets. So at the age at seventeen she has seven children>>>> real amazing>>>>>

I really believe the rate of teenage pregnancy can be stopped..... And it will all go back to parenting

Teenage pregancy is gettin way out of hand today, just imagine babies having babies. thats not right because most of the time young parents neglect there kids,,

Omg thats true it takes alot of time to prepare to be a mother...dunno how these kids gonna survive cuz MOST OF THE TIME THEY ARE LEFT SINGLE PARENTED AND HAV TO RAISE THEIR YOUNG ONES ON THEIR OWN WITH OR WITHOUT THE HELP OF THEIR FAMILY

Well this world eh getting better at all.....Btw it sounds like the old times days are coming back lol

Alot of young girls are taking the chance and having sex just to prove a point that they could do as others can do too>>>Peer Pressure<<<< All it takes to get pregnant is the right timing, no protection and one ejaculation...... Society is changing and so too are the people....

Ur right and i kno 3/5 in every group of teens are faced with peer pressure...it's so prevalent in society today..This girl in my class is 3 weeks pregnant jus following friends and looked where it led her..its no good trying to be like people..thats why God made us unique

After the teen makes her baby, her life automatically changes... but have you even really think they learn a lesson.... Some jus can't wait to jump right back into the sack.... You see once you start having or experiencing sex, one would want more and more....

True...It had this girl she was two months pegnant...she aborted the baby and right after that she cried show little emotions and thats it the next week she began having sexual intercourse as usual..

I guess your example answered your curiosity!!!!! The ones who says "sex after marriage" are those of very very strong religious belief. But the others, once the excitement is on there is no holding back...

Sometimes you guys make it sound so impossible not to control your sexual urges. I think that is because we tend to put too much emphasis on it's role in our daily lives. Sex only becomes a problem when its all the person has going for them. If we had a more rounded view of life in general sex would be less prevalent... but still more appreciated. Kids need to get a bit of perspective concerning sex- Heck even adults need to learn some perspective. It looks like most people are stuck in some post adolescent sex frenzy- i can never understand how people call this adult if all ages caught up in it.
You'ved assumed that adults would have other things to think about.
You cant takle abortion without recognising how low our standards concerning sex has become. Sex has become cheap entertainment nothing more, there is no deeper philosophical or spiritual meaning anymore. By extension the results of sex like emotional bonding and reproduction are viewed as unfortunate side effects. You know what I think Not much people who have sex these days care about thier partner or about having kids. That leads some people to practice some strange things, including serial abortions... there is no significance to the act and its resultant pregnancy anymore.

karina youre right about educating them about this kind of thing but i feel that it is because they're educated is why their doin these kind of tings!! :icon_confused:

Educating in not enough i could get all the info about contraceptive methods and still i could fail to use the measures. We have to change the mentality of The Youths, That includes me also very one should have a strong picture about how their future will turn out

Back