Tech Hacks

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Shadowhunter

LV

-For your phone to charge faster, put it in airplane mode. Airplane mode also helps your battery last longer while in use.

-Airplane mode stops ads while you're playing games on your mobile device.

-If you accidentally text the wrong person, immediately put your phone in airplane mode so it will fail to deliver, then delete the message.

-If you accidentally close a tab, ctrl + shift + t will reopen it (command + shift + t on a Mac)

-When Word tells you to "revise a fragment" it means add a semicolon.

-If a disk is skipping, rub a banana over it to seal the scratches. Remember to wipe it off before you stick it back in.

-If you lose an Android phone at home while it's on vibrate, go to Google Play>Android Device Manager>'Ring'

-If you mess up a voicemail to someone. press "#" to erase and re-record.

-If you swear at Apple's automated customer service, it puts you through to a human.

-Use an accented letter in part of your passwords to make it harder for others to guess it.

-Make DIY speakers for your phone by placing it in a paper, plastic, or glass cup to boost volume.

-Cut a sturdy straw in half lengthwise, place a damaged charging cable inside, and tape the straw closed over the cable. This will keep the damaged parts of the cable straight and intact, preventing further bending and breaking to get more use out of it until you get a new one (or just keep it like this).

-Use Lego characters to hold your charging cables in place. For further convenience, attach flat Lego strips to unobtrusive places to stick Lego holders.

Attachments

• 337072_v1.jpg
    337072_v1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 337078_v1.jpg
    337078_v1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 337096_v1.jpg
    337096_v1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 337112_v1.jpg
    337112_v1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Create-Lego-Keychain.jpg
    Create-Lego-Keychain.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 45
-wrap a spring from a pen around a flimsy USB cable to prevent the risk of bending the wire.

-Let the phone charge. using it while charging will cause it to heat up more and also take longer to charge.

-if using a Sony Xperia equipped with magnetic charging purchase a magnetic USB charging cable to prevent flaps from becoming loose.

I tried the straw hack on my broken up charging cable and it worked! Didn't even need to tape it closed :D Just plug in and charge now as opposed to waving my arms all over the place with the cable like a magician lol

Last edited:
-Be gentle with USB cables and cables in general. Helps with longevity.
-When unplugging cables only grab the ends and not the cable itself.

Turning any electronic off then on solves every problem it has. Can confirm, found an IPhone 6 inside a bin on Charlotte Street, POS. The digitizer wasn't working and all I did was turn it on and off. Now it works great! The best part is it's free :D.

Got some problems with chargers, bought a universal laptop charger recently and it has a short in it already.. Most of the time the cord is in a straight line and it isn't hanging off anywhere. Not sure if the charging port is the main problem though, still checking that out..

^Are you serious? o_O

Use cheap ear plugs to fix old/broken headphones
low_tech_hacks_for_your_high_tech_gadgets_02.jpg

Use an old gift card or credit card as a stand for your phone or to store your headphones neatly.
low_tech_hacks_for_your_high_tech_gadgets_06.jpg

low_tech_hacks_for_your_high_tech_gadgets_07.jpg

clever-life-hacks-5.jpg

clever-life-hacks-6-610x549.jpg

clever-life-hacks-10.jpg

ideas-to-make-life-easy-10-610x457.jpg

Life-Hacks-3.jpg

Life-Hacks-9-610x586.jpg

I beg to differ. If a digitizer is faulty or something is wrong hardware wise a reboot does nothing. That only works when software becomes temporarily corrupted which it seems happened to the iPhone.
With that said great find. A charger and a good clean will do you nice assuming the phone was tossed by its owner and not a thief.

Also be wary that using ear plugs is a great idea as a substitute for silicone buds but it will change the sound.

-Don't throw out old ear buds. If wax has penetrated below the fine grill, you can pop out the grill or open it up with a flat blade screw driver and clean the wax filter or replace if necessary. The wax actually clogs the filter blocking all sound.

-Pieces of cotton work as replacements for ear bud wax filters in non-removable setups but the sound changes drastically.

Last edited:
Some more hacks:

Attachments

• low_tech_hacks_for_your_high_tech_gadgets_18.jpg
    low_tech_hacks_for_your_high_tech_gadgets_18.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Life-Hacks-7-610x363.jpg
    Life-Hacks-7-610x363.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 47
  • life-hacks-to-simplify-your-life-12.jpg
    life-hacks-to-simplify-your-life-12.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 41
  • life-hacks-to-simplify-your-life-14.jpg
    life-hacks-to-simplify-your-life-14.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 43
  • life-hacks-to-simplify-your-life-19-610x455.jpg
    life-hacks-to-simplify-your-life-19-610x455.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 44
So what does happen to people with they speakers under they laptop? It go work still? :D

Idk but I wanna try it :D I can't even remember where my speakers are since the laptop is connected to the TV lol

Back