Tech Advice and Troubleshooting: Ask Us For Help!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

MangaAddict

LV

Are you having trouble with your laptop, PC, phone, TV, etc? Post your questions here and our dedicated, friendly staff will try their best to help you to solve any problem that you may have! If we don't have the answers, then I'm sure our amazing community will pitch in and help as well. Feel free to ask anything! Tech related of course!:heh:

slide_technical_support.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Tech advice and troubleshooting Ask Us For Help!

Good thread for the people who not that much into technology..........feel free to ask questions people....i'll pass inside here everyday also as i mite learn about some weird stuff people encounter lol

First, here's a short video on the new charms bar shortcuts for Windows 8. This will help some users who are afraid to take the leap from windows 7

[video=youtube;ZvFWM1f0xLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvFWM1f0xLY[/video]

Thanks Grim, and I know you're very knowledgeable on Tech stuff as well, so your contribution is definitely appreciated!

If you're looking for the best free anti-virus protection, then try this.

Avira Free Antivirus

Some security companies spend a great deal of time and effort on interface design, but Avira isn't quite so concerned. Sure,
Avira Free Antivirus adds a graphical launcher to your system tray, but the core program looks plain, ordinary, and a little dated.
Fortunately Avira scores where it matters. The company seems much more interested in substance than style, and the end result is one of the best security freebies around.
The program is loved by the testing labs. Whether you check out AV-Test, AV-Comparatives or VB100 reports, Avira technology almost always scores very highly. And that's not only in relation to free software. AV-Comparative's December 2014 Real-World Protection Test ranked the program fifth out of 22 mostly commercial contenders, with the same 99.4% protection rate as the highly-rated Bitdefender and Kaspersky. (That's a typical score, not a fluke – sometimes Avira tops the list.)

Avira-650-80.jpg

If you're looking for an easy life then you can leave the program alone, and it'll do its work almost entirely automatically. But expert users get plenty of fine control. There are options to protect the Hosts file, block autorun, scan archives (including a configurable recursion depth), monitor network drives, set the file types to be scanned, even password protect your Avira installation so others can't mess with your settings.
Avira Free Antivirus has a distinct shortage of bonus extras, which might be an issue for some. The "Firewall" options add little (they configure the standard Windows firewall, rather than adding anything new), and even basic web protection requires a separate browser extension.
Still, for us, Avira's stripped-back design is a plus, as it makes it easier to add other security tools without conflicts. Factor in its very accurate engine and Avira is our pick of the free antivirus crop.

Credit: www.techradar.com

Last edited:
Lets wait for people to ask questions.that way we can get directly into a problem without forcing them to read the entire thread.

yep guys if anyone needs tech help or repairs feel free to contact any one of the mods, or you can contact me directly for repairs/help @ 3369874 - Adesh Ramjit , ReadyTech Solutions.

yep guys if anyone needs tech help or repairs feel free to contact any one of the mods, or you can contact me directly for repairs/help @ 3369874 - Adesh Ramjit , ReadyTech Solutions.

i was studying to buy some tools specially for apple products....realize ppl charging alot to do simple things

i was studying to buy some tools specially for apple products....realize ppl charging alot to do simple things

You get tools with the parts a lot of the time. They're often good quality too. But the iFixit tool kit is a great set. It's costly at $75usd or so but they come in two variations and the tools are excellent quality. Give it some consideration.

What game are you trying to run should state that upfront lol...and then we will be able to guide you accordingly

Running Skyrim on low @ 21-30 FPS outside and 30+ inside. Spec Ops:The Line running a cool 30-40 FPS on the lowest settings. Looking for some more games to test though..

Back