Taking "Truck Corners"

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Have you ever noticed that a lot of people take corners and make turns at intersections as though they are driving a truck with a long trailer attached?

I've actually almost gotten in a few accidents from quite a few of the smallest cars on the road because their front wheels came across to my side of the road, across the middle boundary to make their turn. I frequently experience this at school, where the road is narrow but I drive a considerably larger vehicle than a 2008 Suzuki Swift and I am able to take the same corner on my side of the road without obstructing oncoming traffic. So why can't they?

Don't get me started about Yaris drivers and their corners :D :D

What do you say?

I think a lot of it is inexperience. I think a lot of driving instructors focus on ensuring students know how to pass the driving exam, but a lot of drivers don't get extensive practice beyond that. Mostly the ones who have been driving underage with family/friend guidance end up being the better drivers due to experience lol

I think a lot of it is inexperience. I think a lot of driving instructors focus on ensuring students know how to pass the driving exam, but a lot of drivers don't get extensive practice beyond that. Mostly the ones who have been driving underage with family/friend guidance end up being the better drivers due to experience lol

No matter what is thought people must see when a bigger vehicle than theirs can take a corner and not obstruct the flow of incoming traffic.

True. This is why I think the the current requirements for a license need to be raised. One addition can be clocking in more hours in actual driving practice so with guidance and experience, they'll eventually be able to foresee and react to such situations on their own when licensed.

Actually for every field practice is the most important factor so if they not learn about the driving so they cannot make their driving good as like the thread starter talking about.

Thats right. Mad Racer is correct. Raising the age and limits won't do much to help the situation, as the level of corruption will just remain unchanged. Its finding a new system to make people practice before they obtain a license is what will seek to curb the problem.

Yeah other than this we know it well that these truck are very heavy and its quite tough to drive it.So better for this to learn how to drive these trucks.

Back