Steering Wheel Audio Control

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Hey guys has anyone here installed Audio controls on their steering wheel ? Do you have to get a specific kind of deck ? How do you install it ?

Bumping an old thread, may be useful for future references.
Often times installing steering wheel audio controls involves going two routes:
1. The OEM way. This would involve purchasing the steering wheel with audio controls or just the audio control module itself from higher end models of the car or from a different regional model of the car in question. It would also require a new clock spring to facilitate the extra wiring. This can then be mated to one of the many available aftermarket solutions for adapting steering wheel controls to an aftermarket stereo such as the Metra ASWC-1 or the PAC SWI or sometimes it may be a direct plug and play with the factory stereo.

2. The aftermarket method. If you already have an aftermarket head unit such as a Pioneer, it might be possible to buy one of those infrared steering wheel remotes. In my case, I have a Pioneer P4000DVD stereo and as an easy addon, I was able to purchase the Pioneer CD-SR100 steering wheel remote control which attaches to the steering wheel by using an included flexible plastic strap. However, this means you may have to use the remote upside down as they are designed for the American market generally where cars are left hand drive. I had to open the remote and enlarge the openings and then install the remote upside down on my steering wheel. Other than the fact that its upside down, it works great and I never have to take my eyes off the road to adjust my stereo.

Thank you so much Nirtime..when i get my new car next year i am going to take this on as a project hopefully. Will post pics and tell you how it went

A write up of your experience would be really helpful.
Im planning to post an oem integration of usb and aux inputs for select new model toyotas, maybe it will further add to your install or give you ideas.

I'll be following this as well, I hate fiddling with the deck or the remote, steering controls are a must in my next vehicle!

Tbh I don't really like the steering wheel controls because of while driving and doing some questionable illegal maneuvers on enclosed tracks xD my hands might hit the buttons and cause a crazy surge of madness on the radio xD

So I just use a remote xD

Tbh I don't really like the steering wheel controls because of while driving and doing some questionable illegal maneuvers on enclosed tracks xD my hands might hit the buttons and cause a crazy surge of madness on the radio xD

So I just use a remote xD

The pioneer remote I use doesn't affect that lol. It fits inside the spokes so it's properly recessed and tucked away unlike the oem which is annoying turning corners or slamming the horn in aggression.

Lol actually i rather steering wheel controls..i get carried away manually reaching to turn and change stuff on the radio. Well then again all cars i dive has steering wheel controls so i get accustomed

Back