SPL Experience in Idbl divisions

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Soundbwoy

LV

For all those with Sound Pressure Level enthusiasts who are interested in competing.
IdBL Divisions (Rookie, Stock, Stock Pro, Advanced No Wall, Advanced and Ultimate)

http://iasca.com/download/spl/2015 IdBL rules rev 1 8 15.pdf

Could you guys share some of your experiences within these idbl divisions, what system you choose, and what SPL (SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL) you achieved. I am currently building a system for the rookie class which includes US Amp md3d and a pair of Pierce audio (WMD) 1000RMS 10''. Any suggestions? I know that sound dampening is a major factor. Share your experience please.

i respect ppl who do this along with car shows yes these hobbies does be expensive lol

Yes car audio cost is high but when you weigh the enjoyment of breaking records and just having fun to its price. Priceless to me.

True, it extends to most auto related hobbies but theres just something about a good audio system, be it loud with moderate quality or purely front staged sq with a razor rta curve, its something to make a man smile.

I could only imagine. Right now I saving up and taking my time looking around so that when I finally upgrade my audio I'll be satisfied with it. SQ is all I care about. I must be able to hear every note of every instrument when I'm listening to songs like "Chan Chan" by Buena Vista Social Club. You cannot appreciate that song on a crappy system.

I could only imagine. Right now I saving up and taking my time looking around so that when I finally upgrade my audio I'll be satisfied with it. SQ is all I care about. I must be able to hear every note of every instrument when I'm listening to songs like "Chan Chan" by Buena Vista Social Club. You cannot appreciate that song on a crappy system.

We on the same team then. I highly recommend Hybrid Audio Technologies, Morel, Focal, the SQ class DD components, Hertz Audio... That will make a real nice thread to discuss SQ

I agree it all about using good equipment but i'm sure you can use any brand. I think it all about setting your music properly, I agree to some extent that in order to achieve this above average sound quality that you need good equipment, i.e head unit, crossover, line drivers, etc. But having the equipment and not knowing how to set it makes no sense. Ever heard the phrase ' it's not the car is the driver' well its not the equipment or brand is the tuner... lmao

Lmao good point. I see too many people using drivers and 8s with no tweeters just to achieve loud and loud is all it will do. The quality is heavily compressed.

We need people to put down a proper spl system with a multi-way mids and highs setup to match d bass. That will be an spl system worth it for sure.

Back