Smoke Hazard On The Highway

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

I really hate to see citizens that live close to the highway light fire to burn rubbish, that causes a smoke hazard. Today we were heading to Macqueripe, on passing the Beetham we noticed several cars were stopped on the shoulder due to thick smoke. Some were even swerving and mashing brakes even though no cars were infront of them. Beetham is so close to the capital, why are residents even burning rubbish by the wall of shame. There is a darn landfill right across the road. We see this even close to main roads as well that cause accidents. I know there is a ban on lighting fire during the dry season but i think we need one right through the year.

Most of the time they the people in that area venture into the land fill to dig up what spoils they can find. Even more disturbing is that they set alight to the land fills so that the rubber from tyres would be burnt off so that they can have access to the metal inside. Also they burn the land fills to access metals in hard to reach places.

Most of the time they the people in that area venture into the land fill to dig up what spoils they can find. Even more disturbing is that they set alight to the land fills so that the rubber from tyres would be burnt off so that they can have access to the metal inside. Also they burn the land fills to access metals in hard to reach places.

Yea you are right. Is mostly only them rel 'sprangers' does be setting them fires though. They burn the tyres to get the metal inside so they can sell it. It is a way of life for them. There will always be fires around the Beetham because of this.

Yes but do it in the Landfill and not by the wall man! It's a shame the government allows this when it's so close to the capital city!

Back