Sinanan: I Feel Vindicated

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
N

Neo

rohan%20sin.jpg

Minister of Works and Transport Rohan Sinanan say he feels vindicated after he successfully defended himself against Oropouche East MP Dr Roodal Moonilal's claims that he (Sinanan) acted “improperly and unethically” by travelling from Miami to Piarco International Airport with a radar system for the T&T Spirit during Friday's sitting of Parliament, where a motion of no-confidence was brought against him.

Speaking to the Sunday Guardian yesterday, Sinanan said “Of course I feel vindicated. I don't know what Dr Moonilal was trying to insinuate or the impression he wanted to create.

“I was on my way from Los Angeles passing through Miami. I saw PATT (Port Authority of T&T) was having this major problem in getting this part to Trinidad.

“I contacted the board, they indicated to me what it was and I told them rather than they having to pay the passage for someone to come up, return and collect it, I could do it."

He said the port would have contacted Customs and supplied the necessary information and he would bring the part as they wanted to get the ship running for Easter.

Sinanan said the T&T Spirit was operational by all indications and it was now making the inter-island trip within three hours.

Galleon Passage in Mexico

When asked about the Galleons Passage location, he said he cannot give an update, but according to the Marine Traffic site, the Galleons Passage was at anchor in Acapulco, Mexico, yesterday.

Back