Sim Cutting

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Do you cut your own SIM?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
I use a template as well and I have cut one micro sim.

We have a nanosim cutter by noose at home and that works fairly well.

Never know that little area was the actual chip, my phone uses a nano Sim and If I had this diagram that was posted up here I would have done it myself. Great post.

I don't need to; I had my latest sim cut right in Digicel as soon as I purchased it and for my previous sim, I knew someone who did it for me free.

Phone places usually do it free. Last time i tried to cut a sim didn't go so well but thanks for the info for future reference. I still fraid to try it though lol

Places generally charge if sim cutting is all you want to do.

The sim cutter tool works fairly well but requires sanding after to get a perfect fit. Especially in terms of the height since its usually too large to fit in the tray.

I used the diagram to a micro sim and it has worked out very well. I just glued the sim to the template and cut it out after extending the template lines over the sim to ensure I cut accurately.

There's nothing to be afraid off its a fairly simple procedure and as with everything else some patience and observation will make it possible .

Back