Should We Report Company Vehicles Doing The WRong Thing?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Do you all believe that we should be concerned with the markings on the side and back of most company vehicles with their company name and/or contact information?

I for one think we need to be concerned with this information. Many a times companies hire people to do their work for them and it involves the employee using a company vehicle. A lot of them take the vehicle for granted but also their own and other people's lives. They do all sorts of reckless antics while behind the wheel. I make it my business to call and report these characters who are engaging in dangerous driving while in a marked company vehicle.

Why? So the news does not end up reporting family of 5 killed by the likes of a reckless driver. I've personally done this many times and most companies are very receptive to complaints about their employees endangering other people while driving their marked company vehicle.

Do you think all companies especially trucking companies put their logo and contact information on their vehicles?
I want to hear your view.

I think all companies should put their logo and contact information on all of their vehicles. A lot of employees are intentionally reckless because it's not their vehicle and they believe the company will be responsible for damages etc. I definitely think we should notify companies of reckless drivers. When someone wants to use their position/job to risk the lives of others they don't belong in that position/job IMO. Notifying companies will hopefully lead them to take action accordingly, whether it is to change someone's job, monitor them more closely, cut down on hours, be more serious about documenting shifts and workers etc. which may cut down on many potential accidents and resulting injuries and deaths.

My friend's dad have a transport company and before he installed GPS & Dash Cams , he used to get calls from people saying they are seeing workers with vehicles driving all hour the night, all over the country, liming at bars during work hours, doing crime ( actually happened ) and got into hit-and-run accidents.

I think the dash cams and GPS really do work , especially having special log and maintenance records of employees who are keeping/driving the vehicles. I also love the "How is my driving " sticker on the back of the vehicles so that people can call if they need to report something.

My friend's dad have a transport company and before he installed GPS & Dash Cams , he used to get calls from people saying they are seeing workers with vehicles driving all hour the night, all over the country, liming at bars during work hours, doing crime ( actually happened ) and got into hit-and-run accidents

Wow! Would have never even thought that for my own self!

I think the dash cams and GPS really do work , especially having special log and maintenance records of employees who are keeping/driving the vehicles. I also love the "How is my driving " sticker on the back of the vehicles so that people can call if they need to report something.

Agreed, the GPS is good for reckless drivers especially. I feel like truck drivers need this in their trucks when they work for a company. The dash cams can be pulled down but would you happen to know how they install the dashcams so its tamper proof?

Yes I also love "How's my driving?" Even when the company name is somewhere on the vehicle that works too.

yea shadow company vehicles does get the beating of their lives i have seen it before and well the driving does be of another world when they ready

One popular use of company vehicles is to drive up on the beach, and many drivers do not even even clean off sand, mud, etc from the exterior and interior of the vehicle before bringing it back to the company. It makes me wonder if they care at all about being held responsible for what they do with the vehicle.

honestly if the company doesnt enforce it or make an example of a worker the others will just continue to do it

honestly if the company doesnt enforce it or make an example of a worker the others will just continue to do it

This! Employees want to use it for their personal use but do not want to take the responsibility for it. That involves washing and letting the company know when its time to service. Its really up to the company to do what they must to get it done or else the vehicles will just run into the ground.

Exactly! Even for the employers that state this and/or include it in employee contracts, it must be enforced in order to see any results, no special treatment or "letting one slide" kinda thing.

Back