Remove ALL Pokéstops from Churches IMMEDIATELY!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
So it have a group with over 15,000 members in the USA and around the world saying that Pokemon Go is the Devil's game. They started a Petition to remove All pokestops from Churches just look at what they wrote in the petition.

What are you views on this?

maxresdefault.jpg

Pokémon Go is taking over the world at an alarming rate, turning seemingly intelligent people in mindless zombies controlled by Niantic and the NSA. The game is a free-to-play, location-based, augmented reality mobile game that leads players directly to church (which sounds good), and then into a bloody battle to the death (which is not good). The game encourages people to trespass on sacred church ground, sometimes encouraging them to "battle" other Pokémon (demons) and be generally disrespectful. Vandalism has been reported.This is unacceptable!

This game is SATANIC and Niantic, Nintento, Google, the NSA, et. al. are using churches to push an evil agenda. Churches are sacred places of worship, not a place to play demonic video games. People need to stop using churches for Satan. Playing the game is not appropriate at church. You should go to church to worship God and praise Jesus and to respect the church, not just to catch a Pokémon.

Pokémon Go players have kayaked to the middle of a lake, jumped down into scenic caves and walked around the outskirts of desolate ravines to catch Pokémon they otherwise might not have been able to. There have been a number of "close calls" resulting in major injuries, and we do not want this at church. These types of antics are NOT welcome at a place of worship, EVER. Church is for praising God, not for battling Pokémon or serving your dark Lord Satan.

We DEMAND Niantic, Nintendo, Google, the NSA, et. al. remove ALL POKESTOPS FROM CHURCHES IMMEDIATELY.

https://www.change.org/p/niantic-ni...emove-all-pokéstops-from-churches-immediately

I think there is some kind of truth to this because there explanation can be given as to why ALL places of worship are (also) used as Pokestops.

It is clearly to make a mockery of all religions since some people will visit these places with the sole purpose of playing a video game. While the other religious visitors will get distracted from their prayer/concentration and either be playing the game or thinking about playing the game.

I believe that the rumors behind the atheist belief of the developer (and his intentions) has some truth to it.

In the USA churches are used as a safe haven and often has visitors. I think they put them there because they knew it represents a neutral ground and players are always welcomed. However, it can be seen as a bad thing in times of prayer/mass where it can serve as a distraction.

In the USA churches are used as a safe haven and often has visitors. I think they put them there because they knew it represents a neutral ground and players are always welcomed. However, it can be seen as a bad thing in times of prayer/mass where it can serve as a distraction.
I hear your point on the 'safe haven' aspect, but they are also using all other religious places of worship such as Temples and Mosques around the world.
So many other "places of interest" can be used, I personally find it disrespectful to all religions. Just an opinion for thought.

The reason why the pokestops were placed on the churches were because Niantic the creator of Pokemon Go also created a previous game named Ingress.
The Ingress game used churches for their landmarks and they used that data for the Pokemon Game as same as the Augmented Reality (AR).

That still doesn't give a reasonable explanation for using ALL religious places to worship to start with, regardless of what game it is.

Back