Rejex - Is Wax A Conventional Thing?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Traditionally we would be told, "I wax my car every 3 months." The only wax that actually lasts 3+ months are good synthetic waxes in the right environment. Carnauba(Car-Nu-Ba) waxes generally last 1 month or less.

Rejex will not remove scratches or remove swirl marks. It is designed as a paint protectant.

However, with the emergence of sealants we have been able to go 6 months or more without having to "wax" and we would gain far superior looks and repellency from using a proper paint sealant. A sealant isn't a wax, its a man made polymer coating that sticks to the surface of your car's paint. While there are many great sealants around, if you are buying local you are practically stuck with either Auto Glym Sealant or Rejex, an Interchem distributed product.

Having done a lot of research, I decided to try Rejex for myself. It is listed as a 5 star product on amazon and has gained a very positive reputation among detailing enthusiasts all around the world.

RejexPaintSealant1.jpg

It comes in a small bottle and will do 2-3 large SUVS(Think American truck based SUV).

Rejex goes on effortlessly by hand but I decided to try it with a Dual Action Polisher and a cheap Waxing pad. After allowing a 10-15 minute haze up period as per the instructions, it is by far the easiest product to rub off.

These were my supplies. I first washed the vehicle to be sealed up with Rejex using the two bucket wash method in the shade. Then I proceeded to "clay" the surface of the paint. Claying basically removes bonded contaminants within the clear coat. Basically any tree sap, road grime, paint overspray, etc... The paint felt very smooth but "bare" after claying.

I then proceeded to do an IPA wipe down. I used 200ml of 70% rubbing alcohol in a bottle mixed with 400ml of water and sprayed the entire car and wiped it down to remove any foreign chemicals.
This would remove any waxes/polishing oils on the paint and allow me to assess the true condition of the paint to decide whether or not I would need to use any compound to remove the scratches. Fortunately due to proper washing methodology, there were almost no scratches and I quickly followed up with a light polishing using the Dual Action Polisher and some slightly abrasive Cleaner Wax to remove some stray clay bar scratches.

Following this, I spread Rejex all over using my Dual Action polisher but it is recommended to use Rejex by hand and it does apply very very easily by hand.

I won't keep you waiting any longer, here are the results on a XA40 RAV4:

Sorry I was shaking quite a bit here.

Btw to all you folks out there, the RAV4 is a very very nice vehicle. Looks wise its no winner but when you spend 6 hours working on one and it looks like this, its quite a beauty with a stealthy shade of brown!

Nice work here man. Few people I know that will take the time to properly wash and detail a vehicle as you do.

I want to perform a complete detail eh, which could take literally an entire day or more....but just to find the time boy.

Lol I know how that it is. I only do complete details on vacation but if I feel I can't wait then I do like 1 or 2 panels of paint correction a weekend and maybe 1 leather seat or something. It feels like it takes a lot more time but it eventually gets done lol.

Back