Re-configuring a very old machine!!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Wyspa

LV

Hey spicians.. just touching base here. Had any of you ever had the daunting task of working or configuring a very old pc? Its frustrating huh. Just today I had to re-configure an old pc (talking bout 5yrs). Running XP Home Edition. Man this thing is a dinosaur. It has an Intel Celeron D processor running at 2.53 GHz, a 40gig hard drive, a dissappointing 256MB DDR Ram, and it came pre-installed with alot of bloatware. Its a manufatured pc (Compaq Presario). One thing I hate about manufactured pc's is that the manufacturer burdens down the OS with alot of crap software that you'll never probably use. This in turn makes the OS more demanding on resources...and this machine only has 256MB ram. Imagine, that was considered top-of-the line a few years ago..lol..

Anyways, the machine playing de a$$ all de time so I had two choices; 1. Try to remedy the problem and go back using the bloated OS that was shipped with the PC? 2. Wipe the hard drive and do a fresh install?
Well i wiped that sucker clean and did a re-install from an XP Pro CD i had lying around. After i installed that OS, I had to go hunt down the driver for the mother-board and all other devices..steups!!! Got that sorted out, now i have to update the dam thing...Man this thing takes time...still updating all now! Oh by the way- I'm on trinispice using Internet Explorer 6!!!:eek:mg: Sad eh?

The specs you just now called out their is a litter better than my destop pc jut mines has 80gigs a 2 gHz and 512 ram but its not working i sticking on fixing it, so i using my laptop. Wow you know that trinispice is not Explorer 6 friendly right lol. ITs a good thing you have high speed if it was not for that it would have been hell to download all them drivers lol

So why u bashing Celerons soo?
d PC i had before dis was a celeron and it was damn well faster dan plenty of dem amd dual core out dey.

But I kno d feelin, my pops bring a PII for me to fix.....I was like wat d hell u want me to do wit this? He say make it work. I just shake my head and turn away.....

Tried fixing it tho, got frustrated waiting for it to startup, kicked it and never came on again lmao.

Yup..I did notice that the page did not load right while using IE6. Menus were over-lapping other menus etc.... anyways its all over now... Using Firefox, and the computer is still updating...can u believe it? lol..anyways, this is my wife pc that she bought years ago. will upgrade it for Christmas....So she'll be fighting up with this historic machine...after all is 256MB ram she running..good look doing anything other than using Word!!!! I'll be rocking back with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit machine..sweet!

Unless you work and represent Microsoft Corporation, you are selling pirated keys for Windows 7. And if that be true, I would assume it the product keys that was leaked from the PC Manufacturer Lenevo. In that case..no thanks. I'd rather get my Windows7 legit. Another thing, unless you want our forums to blacklisted as supporting the pirating of licensed software I suggest that you don't broadcast it on the forums. Use pm..lol :signlol:

Ummmmm no

1. They are not pirated keys.
2. They are not leaked from Lenovo
3. They are legit and are direct from M$
4. All I haD was a link to my forum in my profile that's it, there's pirated software posted here in the freeware section and not by me btw.
5. I removed all links to my site and wateva, just hope i doh get another infraction. >.>

Back