Raksha Bandhan

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

madsuya

LV

Raksha Bandan is a Hindu festival that celebrates the love and duty between brothers and sisters...this symbolizes the sister's love and prayers for her brother's well-being, and the brother's lifelong vow to protect her....this sacred bond which exists between the siblings is beyond explanation an no one can take this away even after marriage....
Raksha' means protection and 'Bandhan' means binding or bound....tomorrow 10th august 2014 Sisters will tie a sacred threads or a colorful band, rightly called the 'Rakhi' on their brothers' wrist as a mark of affection..the brothers in return promise to protect their sisters and offer them gifts and sometimes money... the sister prepares the Puja Thali with a Diya, Rice, Roli and Rakhis...they then share and eat sweets like kurma, ladoo, Jalebi, and Burfi....

[attachment=1:2wtvg3gj]images.jpg[/attachment:2wtvg3gj]
[attachment=0:2wtvg3gj]sis.jpg[/attachment:2wtvg3gj]

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 139
  • sis.jpg
    sis.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 136
yesssss its tomorrow! sadly i have no sisters but im looking forward to it non the less! sweets galore! lol

Thank you for the info ! I could do with some sweets now!

hebe8ety.jpg

happy Rakhi to a my Hindu sisters!! Have a blessed day!

Its actually a really symbolic occasion. I have one sister and received my "raaki" this morning bright and early. In return, some money was given together with a cadbury chocolate :)

today is known as Bhai fota among Bengalis.....Bhai fota is an event especially among Bengalis when the sister prays for her brother's safety success and well being and brothers visit their sisters on this day to enquire of their welfare.....we in Trinidad and Tobago don't celebrate this 5th day of Divali.....its the end of the season...good day to call or visit ur siblings.....brothers and sisters day...

today is known as Bhai fota among Bengalis.....Bhai fota is an event especially among Bengalis when the sister prays for her brother's safety success and well being and brothers visit their sisters on this day to enquire of their welfare.....we in Trinidad and Tobago don't celebrate this 5th day of Divali.....its the end of the season...good day to call or visit ur siblings.....brothers and sisters day...

wow i had no idea of this 5th day of divali, sounds similar to raksha bandhan, but alot more traditional among the bengalis! however family love remains present, and thats what matter!

Back