Rainy Season Essentials

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

We are coming to the end of the rainy season, however, rain is still falling a lot in T&T. What are some essentials you must have in your vehicle to combat this rainy weather.

I'll Go:

1. A Badass Umbrella

31835031.jpg

2. Cloth to wipe drips in the interior of car or if windscreen fogging occurs

4545579589_5d01230f96.jpg

3. Windscreen Rain Deterrent - Some prevents fogging
$_35.JPG

4. Windshield Wipers - Make sure & change wipers when recommended.

pbdo2jxk0zu0jvj7ugaw.jpg

5. Tarpaulin or Car Cover
tarpaulin.JPG

6. Spare Tire- Good Condition

41v5cAByUGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

7. Not An Essential But for the OCDs ..

schuhpflege-nano-protect-400ml-ass-9920065560428.jpg

i have 1,2,3 and 6 in my car at all times. no matter what.

To go with the spare Tyre keep some rags and water to clean up after.
It helps to keep a reflective jacket with you so motorists can see you at night if you get a flat.
Another essential is driving properly in the wet and exercising caution.

It helps if the window defoggers work or so equipped. My rear glass frosts up quite often and the defogger always saves me.

-Poncho: you can get disposable ponchos in very small boxes that can fit in your dashboard with no problem, just open it up when the emergency arises to protect your clothing.

-Flashlight: keep a small flashlight or penlight in your dashboard

-Plastic bags: keep a few plastic bags folded up very neatly (and small!) in your dash. If you need to get out of your car in a heavy rain emergency but want to avoid soaking through your shoes, put plastic bags over your shoes, tied at the ankle. Can also be used to spread out on seats and/or floors to protect fabric upholstery from wet/dirty clothing and shoes. Another tip is to cover your seats with a fitted crib sheet to protect your seats.

-Small hand towel, tissues, or disposable napkins: Keep something handy to dry your hands and face in the event that you do get wet, the less you have distractions like wet, slippery hands, and water droplets running down your face while driving on a wet road, the more focused and safe you can be.

-Also ensure your tire pressure, wipers, and windows are all up to par to avoid unnecessary problems in pivotal moments.

I like these rainy essential. Actually the person who love his car.He bring these type of essential material in hi car already for the safety of his car.

A pair of clothes in your vehicle or bag.
Just in case if you get wet there will always be a fresh pair of clothing that you can change into.

I have to put a rain coat in my vehicle because the day rain decide to fall and I get a flat I will regret not having it. A piece of cardboard or something to kneel on might not be a bad idea because idk any car with the under body spare tire that is easy to remove without crawling on the ground.

Good Point. Also a nice little washrag or cloth to wipe your interior when opening doors or winding down windows in the rain

Good Point. Also a nice little washrag or cloth to wipe your interior when opening doors or winding down windows in the rain

Yes that is an excellent one!

Actually touching the nano sealant from the OP, its recommended to have a sealant on the paint all the time. During the rainy season its major benefit will really be an easier time washing the dirt off the paint work and well light rain showers won't leave as many water spots.

Also if the car is outdoors and it rains, a hose with very light pressure say 1/8 to 1/4 way open can pretty much take off 70-85% of the remaining water beads as sheeting becomes effortless with paint sealants. This will help to keep the car cleaner for longer.

A family member drove in a really terrible thunder shower, came home, parked up and the car dried like it never went in rain.

Some sort of de-fogger that clears and the defrosts the glass during the rain season. Some vehicles are not equipped with the hot blower so an extra help is needed

Yes that is true. It is something that is constantly overlooked but is really important. I know RainX makes a gel that preventing fogging. It seems to do a decent.

On a side note I've seen RainX Weather Beater wiper blades selling for $40-45 for 1. They are excellent excellent wiper blades with tons of highly praised reviews.

Back