PURSE NAB IN SANDO

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

A WOMAN'S screams in the heart of San Fernando early yesterday morning led to the arrest of a 24-year-old man.

Chandralie Maharaj's purse containing $8,000 was snatched on High Street around 8.15 a.m. She screamed and PCs Chaitan and Gerald, who were on patrol, chased the man who had grabbed it.

He was caught as he tried to escape through the entrance to Carlton Centre.

Maharaj, of Dow Village, Oropouche, was on her way to the bank on the Penitence Street corner, a short distance away, to deposit the money made from her bakery when the incident occurred, police said.

People heading to work and employees opening stores and other businessplaces looked on as the man was quickly placed in a police vehicle which was passing.

The man was charged by PC

McIntosh and is expected to appear before a San Fernando magistrate today.

THats god work from the police who stupid could get again they so feel no one could stop them and i broad view of the public its good arrest them all and keep them their for a few years. People so what to make easy money wtf just work for it na

The Saturday before somebody pick my mom back and they gone with her purse..In Sando self,I sure it was the same man,that mudder key luck I wasn't there..lol :)

friggin bandits again. seems like the police actually did a gud job at apprehending the robber.

Back