Promoter Not Willing To Help Cops

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
A

alexk

burnit%20music%20video_0.jpg

A music promoter linked to the controversial music video “Bunnin It”, featuring a man sitting on what appeared to be a police vehicle, said he does not intend to co-operate with police investigators.

The promoter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said he was “shocked” to see the artiste, known as Mumra, sitting on “a police vehicle” in the video.

“Me ain’t talking to them because they will look to pin something on us and everybody will run and hide from that.

I don’t have time for that,” the promoter said.

“I didn’t know that he had that in his video because I know that the video was done in parts. I shock…when I see it I say ‘Wha, the man get a police jeep boy’ but then I just flip the script and move on not thinking that this would have created an issue.”

On whether or not the vehicle was an official police vehicle, the promoter said: “Well, it could be photoshopped. I don’t think that he will get lock up over it either.”

The music video, titled “Bunnin It”, was released on Youtube.com on Tuesday and now has over 10,000 viewers.

In the video’s first 40 seconds, a marked police four-door pick up is parked in a bushy area adjacent to a coconut field and the artiste is sitting on its bonnet smoking what appears to be a marijuana joint.

A spokesperson at the music platform responsible for the video, Mumra Music, said decals (a design prepared on special paper for durable transfer on to another surface) were used on the vehicle.

Officers at the Professional Standards Bureau (PSB) have launched an investigation into the matter. Mumra could not be reached for comment yesterday.

Back