Police officers striking/sickout

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
So i has hearing a talk about Police officers striking/sickout Carnival Monday and Tuesday and i believe it that 20 percent you read on the papers is not true from what i heard police officers where never offered it. They maybe sicking out on carnival Monday and Tuesday so please don't go to Port-Of-Spain By your self especially if you are a female.
Protection will be limited and don't risk your life.

Re: Police officers striking/sickout Carnival Monday and Tue

OMGWTF!! This is madness everybody know carnival does need police on the roads, it'll be chaos out there.. what kinda mad move is that... :/ i mean they could strike if they want... but on carnival law enforcement is crucial.

yeah strike is gd for all d workers, some officers will b fooled wit ah lil extra duty on dat day an not stand together, all d officers will benefit from dis wage increase

They should hurry up and give the police officers their increase in salary...The army have no right to lock up anyone...Gibbs wanna say how he gunna let them do their job instead of the Police when they sick out but why u going thru all that trouble when you could just pay the police and done talk!!

I was hearing this so admin you say how the officers ain't receive no 20% as yet? This government really not living up to their promises. where is the change!

It's bad at both ends. If you have been promised something over & over again & you don't get it, you reach a breaking point so I understand what the police officers are feeling & a strike/sickout at this time would have a serious impact. At the same time when they took the job they knew this was not a regular occupation & that strike/sickouts were not really allowed. I mean at the end of the day. You are breaking the law to enforce the law because it's blackmail. I mean if no police shows up for those 2 days may be the incentive to get the government to pay yes, but at what price? Think of the carnage for those 2 days which are basically legalized days for drinking & getting out of hand, releasing your inhibitions etc. we already have lots of incidents WITH police around, can you imagine WITHOUT?

Government never said 20% to police officers i don't know where the press got that from or maybe i'm wrong. Anyways the army cannot arrest anyone since they are not under the act that gives police officers the power to arrest.
And don't want to imagine carnival with out a majority of police officers presence, for carnival alot of rapes will take place and if their are hardly officers presence well.....

i am pleased wit d officers from south......carnival Monday in San Fernando was safe for me.....thank u officers coz i felt safe an saw police every where.....no sick out there!!!

In chaguanas things were handled pretty well kudos to the officers

Back