Police Crackdown on Vehicle violations coming!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Saxman642

LV

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news...-to-get-their-affairs-in-order-279685172.html

2 weeks for motorists to get their affairs in order

Crackdown programme on lawless drivers

Story Created: Oct 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM ECT
Story Updated: Oct 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM ECT

In two weeks, the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) will initiate a ?crackdown? programme which targets motorists for breaches of motoring laws and regulations.
This was disclosed Thursday by PC Brent Batson of the TTPS Road Safety Campaign, during the weekly news briefing at the Police Administration Building on Edward Street, Port of Spain.

?The ACP mobile and the senior superintendent of Highway patrols want to express their concerns over the increase in accidents which are taking place over the weekend periods. Drivers continue to operate in a reckless manner and as such we continue our appeals to the motoring public to take note that their actions can have fatal consequences on roadways.

?As a result, ACP Doolalchan wants to warn the public that in two weeks time, the Highway patrols will commence a crackdown initiative against all motorists. Everything from inspection stickers, permits, insurance, non-functioning lights, faulty licence plates, defective tyres, and the list goes on, everything will be targeted,? Batson said.

He then asked that the motoring public ?get their affairs in order? in the coming two weeks to avoid receiving tickets for basic offences.

He noted that the exercises were expected to focus on the highways of this country between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. and that there would be no excuses for any infractions.
?Get your documentation in order and make sure that you and your vehicles are in order as there would be no excuses when this crackdown begins?If a hammer is needed to change people?s behaviour on our roadways then so be it,? Batson said.

He reiterated his plea for drivers to stay away from alcohol if they knew they had to get behind the wheel later, noting that two of the road fatalities that occurred over the past weekend involved drunk drivers.
Batson also asked drivers to observe the speed limits, noting that the tenders to acquire speed guns had opened this week.

?The tender was handled by the (Vehicle Management Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago) and on Tuesday, the tenders were opened. If I am not mistaken, five bids were put forward, and following this, an evaluation committee from VMCOTT will review these submissions before the next stage begins. But are we going to wait for the police to be deployed with this high-tech machinery before we change our behaviour? I am saying no! We need to change this behaviour now, check your speedometers now, because the radars we are acquiring are very accurate,? Batson said.

I guess is time for me to finally sort out a few issues with my car...

Well its time to hit an electrician for my reverse lights and see if I can pass an inspection with my car as is

Omg well i dead, i have G5 Tint at my doors, 15% in front and back and i have to get an inspection sticker for my Mazda 3.
At what age of a vehicle should one acquire an inspection sticker?

Where do i get an inspection sticker? Or do i have to go get back my car re-inspected?

i have problems......all wat alyuh say aboue an more.....i need some money to repair my car coz i will sure b pulled over....starting wit no left side park lights an the list goes on.....tks for this info.....

any vehicle over 5 years old needs to be able to pass an inspection. mine is over 20 years and i'm hoping to pass month end

Omg well i dead, i have G5 Tint at my doors, 15% in front and back and i have to get an inspection sticker for my Mazda 3.

Send down yuh glass, open sunroof if you have one and hope you don't get stopped.

I never got stopped in any road blocks, i know police officers stigmatize different makes of Vehicles and usually stop 13,14,15 and Almeria. But mybe its just my shear luck lol until i get caught one day.

My list of to-dos:
- replace canvassed tires (both rear, should be able to sort out that by next week)
- inspection sticker
- suspect front park light

If I get stopped in a road block, it should make for an interesting dash cam vid, lol

well boi

front tyres have no thread
inspection since 2012 i believe

and i sure they will find some way to pull we over lol

That,s why i used the simple car due to the tinting windows there are much police issues and they charge well for it so i modify the car but modifying the windows.

Haha I love to see when cars are pimped out but leave their windscreen clear as day. When in road block , they be watching police like "U Mad Bro? " LOLL

I get stopped at 10pm outside West End station for one bad park light last week. Road Block right outside the station. Was lucky to be let off the hook.

I get stopped at 10pm outside West End station for one bad park light last week. Road Block right outside the station. Was lucky to be let off the hook.

I suppose not all of the officers are out to stick you with fines.

Yeah its a food strategy to road off at 10 pm so no one can fine you because you are not driving your car.I think its good.

Back