PC Tech Brands

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Hey these days flash drives and external hard drives are frequently mashing up meaning failing and i dont even know why with me ... i'm looking for a great brand of 36GB flash to buy but i dont know what to get? Anyone has any ideas?

I don't recommend Kingston as I've had quite a couple bad experiences with them.
My choices are:
Transcend, Sandisk, Sony, PNY and Patriot.

As for external hard drives, I try to get Western Digital, Seagate or Samsung. (Hitachi has proven reliable as well)

i never had any bad experience with them but your right Transcend, Sandisk, Sony, are good brands
and as for the external.

i hear the sonny works lovely i will buy one tomorrow and see..yes i also had bad experiences with kingston as well sigh*

Yeah the reason why Kingston is so prevalent down here, it's cheap and suppliers down here don't want to spend money to bring in any good, quality products, everything is to make money.

I bought one of the first Transcend 8GB flash drives along with a Samsung 512MB flash, this was back when these things were still expensive. I paid US$30 for the Samsung and US$450 for the Transcend. They were purchased in the US btw back in 2000 if I'm not mistaken. Transcend is still alive and kicking like I just bought it yesterday (going to be 11 years ownership). The Samsung cannot serve me any real purpose anymore as it's limited by its size, however it is also still working last time I tried it.

Good brands in my opinion.

wow yes i have a kingston and it working since i was in secondary school and that was awhile back so i'm guessing that some flashdrives are not good. i also have a sandisk and it works fine i really love the shortcut port that appears on the pc sreen!

Back