PC Gaming Classics

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Lorenzo

LV

What's your favorite classic PC game? I can't choose just one so I have to say it has to be either Starcraft or Duke Nukem. I might check out The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. There are some others that are revolutionary, like Doom which still gives me nightmares to this day.

The original Age of Empires+Mythology were good too. I looking around for anyone throwing out a windows 95 PC so I could get the full classic experience with Daggerfall.

Yes I forgot Age Of Empires from that list. Would be nice to replay some of them.

Let's not forget the original Diablo, which also had a somewhat strange PS1 port.. Alongside Warcraft 2 or something.

Daggerfall is a chore to get running but interesting. Test Morrowind, great game for it's time. I could see why people still enjoy it to this day.

Nah Lorenzo Empire Earth was real big. Check it out if you liked aged of empires.

Need for Speed 3, - Hot Pursuit. That game was my childhood. (Maximum air acheived using the ferarri spider on the hometown track in between the tunnels going backward)

Need for Speed 4 - was twice as awesome with twice as many cars and tracks as well as career mode for the first time and damage

Need for Speed 5 - had bess graphics for when it came out and the handling was a nice mix between realism and arcade. I used to win entire tournaments in that game without getting a scratch on my car because I couldn't afford to fix it. This game was just a big marketing ploy by porsche... and it worked :D

Need for Speed 6 Hot Pursuit 2 - was a fun with more arcade style handling but needing points to unlock stuff killed the feel of the game. It was fun but got bored for some reason.

NFS Underground/Underground 2/Most Wanted/ Carbon - Felt like NFS found a new niche. I didn't like the change at first but like many teenagers back then, it spoke to my teenage angst. I like each one more than the last... except Carbon... they should have stopped at most wanted

NFS Pro Street had extremely realistic handling and promoted road safety, track racing and boredom. Only played the first couple races.

NFS Undercover - I built my first PC from scratch just to run this game. I beat it about 5 times just to try out all the cars. This may not be the best NFS but it's the NFS that I have the fondest memories of. Downloaded the soundtrack and still play it when I'm driving with my small bro in the car. Good times... good times...

NFS Shift/Nitro - Got a job and didn't have chance to play

NFS World - Last NFS I ever played. Had online racing and in game chatting so it was fun to meet with friends and race when we got chance after work.

Well Dude you just summed it up well there for many people. Its nice to know you also do your own PC building as well.

I was one of the initial beta testers for NFS World and it was something off the charts for me in those days. I really loved it but then I left for a while and returned and it was never the same. the in game economy went ridiculous with a skyline costing 470k which used to be about 70k before.

Then everyone bought speed boost and hacked, those who drove would ram you st the start to slow you down. I would still come back from behind and chop them with a slower car but it was never like that and after that I was happy to see when the game was discontinued but also sad to see the initial concept die as it was something an NFS fan would appreciate greatly .

Didn't one of those newer racing games introduce an online open world racing game?

Didn't one of those newer racing games introduce an online open world racing game?

A few of them did. Forza Horizon series has online open world racing I believe. I know the one you are referring to but the name is elusive atm.

Right now I have 2 Total War games to play, Rome and Medieval. Rome is the older one. I like the Total War games because of the scale.

TES:II Daggerfall- Tested it. It's FREEWARE but you need DosBox to play it. The starting dungeon is scary and I haven't been able to find the exit...yet.

Back