Paint attack on PNM candidate?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

RauCous

LV

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday.

Paint attack won’t stop me
Thursday, May 6 2010

Undaunted by a paint attack on her on Tuesday, Alicia Hospedales, the PNM candidate for Arouca/Maloney, was back on the campaign trail meeting residents in the constituency yesterday.

“I won’t let this stop me,” Hospedales said last evening during another walkabout.

She had completed one at Bon Air Gardens, Arouca on Tuesday afternoon when a man surprised her and doused her with paint. Hospedales confirmed she had lodged a report of the incident with the police.

“Somebody threw red paint on me. It happened at Bon Air Gardens, Arouca at the corner of Emperor Boulevard and Skylark Crescent. I was sitting in a car. My walkabout had just ended,” she said. Asked to describe her assailant, she said, “I did not see him. The police did get a description.” Hospedales was taken to the Arima Hospital where she was treated and discharged.

Acting Deputy Commissioner of Police Gilbert Reyes yesterday said an officer of the Arouca Police Station has been mandated to probe the paint attack.

He said the suspect is known to the police and steps were made yesterday to locate the man. COP candidate for Arouca/Maloney Anna Maria Mora yesterday condemned reports of the paint attack on Hospedales.

“Ms Mora unreservedly condemns this dastardly act for which there can be no excuse,” the COP said yesterday in a press release.

“Ms Mora extends her hope that the PNM’s candidate was not harmed in any way as a result of this outrageous act.

“The People’s Partnership calls on all constituents to respect the right of everyone to represent and support the political party of their choice and to refuse to descend into any kind of divisive or violent acts which will deny people that right.”

Contacted yesterday, Mora disassociated herself from the incident. “I condemn in the strongest terms this action. I don’t know those people. I am against violence,” she said. She extended her hope that Hospedales was not harmed.

WTF??? :nono: Where these psycho people coming from? This, now a death threat on Kamla. :eek:mg:
But this one scary... lucky its only paint :nono:

Well, well well.. the gutter politics are becoming literal... This is the kinda of a$$-hole-nes that we need to keep away from.. I hope that she does not let this derail her efforts in the area.... Everyone has the right to support who ever they choose, and should not under any circumstances be subject to this type of acts.

Yuh have to wonder if all these mishaps really is true!!!!But then again why now and not before...

Code:
Trinidad express:
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161654543
'Troublemaker' identified, arrest coming
Hospedales paint attack:
Friday, May 7th 2010

AN arrest is expected soon in the paint attack on PNM Arouca/ Maloney candidate, Alicia Hospedales, police said yesterday.

Hospedales was doused with red oil paint following a walkabout at Second Skylark Crescent in Bon Air Gardens, Arouca, on Tuesday.

Hospedales was in the back-seat of a car driven by the group’s microphone operator when a man threw paint into the vehicle. Following the incident, Hospedales was covered with paint and had to be taken to the Arima Hospital to flush her left eye.

Hospedales and the microphone operator, identified only as ’Firefox’, then reported the incident to the Arouca Police Station. Hospedales submitted a medical report and ’Firefox’ gave investigators a description of the attacker. A cost to fix the car was also given to the police.

Officers went to Bon Air in search of the suspect, but have so far been unsuccessful in finding him.

The suspect, a known ’trouble maker’ in the area, has gone into hiding, police said. Investigations are continuing. -Joel Julien

He hiding now? If he's a known trouble maker then he must have been doing minor crimes for a while... why hide now? He finally realize he could start something much bigger than himself.

Back