Opera 10 released (final)

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
opera-footer.png
After months of opera working out reported bugs, This cool browser has finally gone finial download you free copy now check out the new interface

http://www.opera.com/browser/download/

Wayys.. yuh know how long I aint use Opera browser??? i used it on my cellphone though. it was a very cool java app... But since my Sony Ericsson phone gone tru, I aint use Opera... maybe I'll download it and see how its evolved since then.

ahhh......i think this is jus wat i needed to see....chrome stickin WHOLE bloomin morning.......time to change bak to d faithful opera!!!

EDIT FROM OPERA !0: Working wonderfully :) Ten times faster than chrome/mozilla!

looking to go try Opera now... anxious to see what has developed since I last use it.

I have since downloaded the browser and i'm currently running it as my default browser to really take it through the paces. So far i can validate that its fast. Faster than Chrome? that's left to be proven. It does indeed have some pace. A browser plugin for playing DivX files have crashed on my once so far. not sure if its a bug a something related to my setup? The flash plugin seems to be holding its own so far. The look of the browser is somewhat reminiscent of using Google's Chrome. there is a sort of visual similarity between the two in my opinion. there are some other feature that i am yet to check out. stay posted for my update.

Update: Opera has crashed on me once so far. no biggie. other than that i'm enjoying the browser. A feature I really like, is the Opera Mail. It goes so much further than IE or Firefox in that aspect. Internet Explorer only has the Windows Live toolbar that shows you what mail you have via a preview. If you want to do anything else, you are redirected to ur mailbox online. Opera totally 1up's IE on this front. It has a built in full fledged mail client that you can configure to synchronize with you regular email service. e.g. Hotmail. You can access your mail directly from within the browser. No need to navigate away to another tab to open your email. Everything you are accustomed doing with your regular mail is featured in the built-in client. I'm not sure if this feature was present all along. Like I said I haven't use Opera in years.
Another feature I like is the mouse gesture feature. I sort of stumbled onto this. Mouse gesture is using your mouse to navigate around a web page in a unique and simple way. Nomally if you want to go to another page, you left-click on a link. With mouse gesture, you press and hold the "right-click" button and simply drag (quickly) the mouse to the right if you want the page to go forward. Or to the a snap of the wrist to the left takes you back to a previous page. This can come in handy if you're reading a book or document online that has multiple pages to skim through. There are other gestures to accomplish other tasks but i'm not familiar with them as yet.

Stay tunes for more.

Back