Official Skybox Thread!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

-Kevin-

LV

Im new to this... Dont have a credit card... But i got credit, if you know what i mean... Lol...

Need some help setting up a skybox service... Some questions... Who is the 'best skybox service' in terms of freight and weight chargers... Who ships faster... Are there any annual fees?... How much do i have to pay?... How do you even go about ordering something off Amazon/eBay?... What do you look for when ordering?....

I need this service quick cuz i have another child on the way and he's coming in September... So i wanna get some baby clothes/car seat and other stuff... Local stores just dont cut it in terms of Baby Items...

Ezone. Definitely not FedEx.... Terrible service.

My dad pays all the fees but I know for sure they're not expensive, cuz he is cheap as....

look for the items with the best reviews and make sure to view the description which regularly contains 'fine print details' and on eBay look for seller ratings

Customer Service First Couriers (CSF) is who i am with, They have their ups and downs but you receive your packages fast within 4 days most of the times. The problem with CSF is that they have very poor Customer relations i'm taking phone wise, it takes for ever to get thru with them that the main problem. Oh and for busy days in the year they suck.

No you get one month free trial meaning you don't pay the membership fees for one month then after the one month if you chose to stay with them, when you receive the package you will be billed 150TT for one year membership fee. You can pay either by cash , links or by credit card at your home.

admin said:
No you get one month free trial meaning you don't pay the membership fees for one month then after the one month if you chose to stay with them, when you receive the package you will be billed 150TT for one year membership fee. You can pay either by cash , links or by credit card at your home.
Knowledge is power, and now with this information I am going to go broke .... I'm immediately going to set up a new skybox I always thought you needed a credit card for a skybox hence I pay someone to bring down any essential items that can't be acquired locally.

Thank you, *goes and buys up a whole set of car parts that I don't need but I want anyway*

I also use CSF because its located right opposite Gaston Courts which is really close to where i live. However, their service needs upgrading because too many times i had mixed up/lost/late packages!

They have a base in Gaston Court Street in Chaguanas that in your area so it should not be a problem.

okay well since im new to this skybox thing, please adhare to my ignorance, but how exactly does a skybox work? because i always assumed its a service that you pay by with a credit card , when you order something online and decide to bring it down to trinidad they bring it in for you , but i am now learning about these different carriers so what exactly is a skybox and how does it work ?

again i apologize for not knowing the basics lol

You use the skybox company's warehouse address as your own and lets say you order from Amazon. They ship it to the warehouse and they ship your item to you. You don't need a card. If the company pays they usually do a 10% mark up.

If I'm wrong someone correct me

1. You pay a yearly fee to sign up and usually they give you the first month free
2. They give you their shipping address to their warehouse in USA mainly Florida so that anything you order will ship there,
3. When you purchase anything from online stores with your credit or debit card such as Amazon or Ebay, you use their address that they gave to you
4. On all their websites they have a shipping calculator that you would see how much they charge you on items that you bring down e.g Cosmetics are 20% of the price. Books are 0%. etc.
5. Their shipping warehouse now sends the stuff over to Trinidad and is cleared by customs which also charges a fee to clear your items.
6. It is then now transferred to their Office where you have the chance of pick up or delivery. At this stage you also have to pay the price it took to clear. So in all you pay ( price for product you ordered online + shipping fee) .
7. These courier services make their money from TAX returns, Sign up fees and a small % that they charge on your items..

Someone correct me too if i am wrong lol

But how you making me out soo. lol ..Erm. sorry for the typo all cleared up now lol

Wow Thanks a lot LadyDeath and Steven for the info really helpful, appreciate it!

Back