[OFFICIAL] Best Foods Thread

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Trinidad and Tobago is considered the melting pot of the Caribbean . There are many different food outlets in Trinidad that serve a wide variety of cuisines. Post up some of the best food outlets where you can get scrumptious , satifsying and delicious food items :D.

Abraham's

200 Munroe Road
Cunupia Village, Caroni

14w57vd.png

219c4zn.jpg

Haven't been there in a long time, but it's never disappointing and is one of my favorite kinds of comfort food!

Dont like Abrahams, something about the scent and the oil

Recommend Wing Hua for Chinese. Popular at the Chase Village branch.

I have to try them again and see if I notice that.

For Chinese in South I'd recommend Hung Tun.

Abrahams have indeed decreased in quality. When they were on the other side of the highway ( Caroni Savannah Road before the flyover) their food was amazing. Last time i tried the Grilled Chicken and it was very bland.

I will recommend Kaizan Sushi for all your variety of Asian meals. My family usually dines there becuase of the quality and quantity of the food that your receive. There is usually a kind of long wait for the food on the weekend prime time. I hate Sushi, but i order entrees with chicken/beef, rice , veggies and its out of this world ! I usually get the Fried Ice-cream for dessert :)
There are also private 'cabins' that you can reserve for family dinners, inside and outside seating arrangements .

I've always wanted to try Kaizan Sushi, I'm a sushi fan!

Zanzibar is cool for the ambience, burgers are pretty decent too!

I don't go for the Sushi thou lol ..

Just a lil' info Kaizan and Zanzibar are run by 1 owner. There is always a hit and miss with Zanzibar's menu . You have to know what you're ordering . I like the Orlando Sea Food Soup but it's usually salty so if ordering, you have to tell the chef to ease up on the salt.

Zanzibar is known for its great seafood dishes

For BBQ my top three are

Slice Ali and Maria's BBQ Hut in Matilda, Princes Town
Original Bar B Que Hut in San Fernando
Duncan Village BBQ (not sure of the actual name)

There's another small orange place that does decent BBQ in the Craignish area I think, a stone's throw from the over-priced, bad service ridden BBQ boys. I'm not sure if they have an official name though.

Back