NP vs. Unipet Fuel Station

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Who do you prefer and why?

I personally prefer Unipet Gas Station. The stations are always kept clean and there is a very nice layout. The employees are approachable, very helpful and are always dressed professionally or in work attire. I absolutely love the design of the 360 stores that have the essentials when i'm doing a night run. I am very surprised at some of the older stations that have been in excellent condition as they have always kept on refurbishing them. . In contrast, NP gas station somehow erks me! Although i love that sometimes we don't have to pump our own gas but some of the machines are outdated and some stations are not well kept. What saddens me the most is when i do get attached to a specific pump person (most likely an immigrant) in my NP station, the other week i lean that they are fired or left :frusty: Who's gunna know what i want by just recognizing my car?? LOL!

But on a serious side note, Brentwood Unipet and NP Chaguanas are the two closest large stations in my area. I rather go to Unipet . Love me some of that Double Filter goodness LOL

I prefer Unipet Fuel Station over Np. i dont know if its just me but my vehicle runs alot more soother with fuel from Unipet Fuel Station, when ever i'm forced to full from Np gas stations my vehicle performance drops. I do like Brentwood Unipet its large and you don't have to wait a long time to get fueled, Np on the other hand is outdated, always long lines and bad fuel.

well for me its quite the opposite in terms of fuel. i prefer the np fuel in my car as it lasts just a little bit longer in my tank. most times when i fill at a unipet i get less mileage for the same amount of fuel. i find a small lack of power in the grade from unipet (very slight), but i can say that the super from unipet burns cleaner and i don't have the amount of black smoke that i do from np. but i prefer the trade-off of cleaning the back of my car for free than spending a few dollars more at the pump to get the same mileage.

Unipet all the way, have a cousin who owned a few NP gas stations down Moruga and St. Mary's (south) and he said the truck drivers who delivered the gas always told him to put water in the gas so he would spend less money on buying. Also a few of our engines in the past had to be replaced after buying gas at NP

Well based on my experiences, Unipet for me. Better performance and mileage. And yes, the surroundings of the gas station itself are cleaner and user friendly.

well for me its quite the opposite in terms of fuel. i prefer the np fuel in my car as it lasts just a little bit longer in my tank. most times when i fill at a unipet i get less mileage for the same amount of fuel. i find a small lack of power in the grade from unipet (very slight), but i can say that the super from unipet burns cleaner and i don't have the amount of black smoke that i do from np. but i prefer the trade-off of cleaning the back of my car for free than spending a few dollars more at the pump to get the same mileage.

Lol Unipet will burn faster because its much cleaner and double filtered. My Bro took the chance a day to fill up Diesel at Cunupia NP Gas Station Opp. The Temple before Monroe Road Lights ... Next thing you know when he was on his way back home, the van started smoking. Carried it by the mechanic and found small debris and nasty old diesel. NP ! Smh..

i personally prefer Unipet gas filling stations because of the level and degree to which they treat their gasoline, although because of convenience i fill at NP gas station in diego martin.

Unipet double filters their gasoline which ensures purity , and personally i have tested this before by taking samples of gasoline from both stations and letting them settle,

i made sure to take the samples during the refilling of the tank process where the trucks came in to refill the tank in the gas station, as this usually stirs up some sediment.

i found little if any sediment in Unipet gas, and noticeable sediment in the NP gas!

hence i prefer Unipet, but because of convenience i fill at NP ( i fill at a trusted NP station where i know the employees and they provide me with the information on filling , when the days for filling gas is better due to purity of gas and the demand for gas itself)

A lot of people say that both gas stations get their fuel from the same place but as you likely said unipet gases are doubled filtered. The thing is np gas stations are so out dated and most of them are franchised so individuals tend to fill the underground tanks with water and kerosene.

One thing is that they haven't set up is the card payment on the fueling machines as yet in Brentwood. When they do that, things will indeed fun faster there !

Will try unipet again. Will be tuning my car to sip more and not drink to accommodate the switch over. Black bumper on a white car doh look good unless is the whole thing and not just a stained spot

Nice man! Since i stopped fulling NP Gas and switched to Unipet, yes it burns faster but i get less smoke coming out of my car :/

Nice to know about both these fuel station but i had not tried both of these but when i go to this region so i will definitely try Unipet for my fuel need.

i personally prefer Unipet gas filling stations because of the level and degree to which they treat their gasoline, although because of convenience i fill at NP gas station in diego martin.

Unipet double filters their gasoline which ensures purity , and personally i have tested this before by taking samples of gasoline from both stations and letting them settle,

i made sure to take the samples during the refilling of the tank process where the trucks came in to refill the tank in the gas station, as this usually stirs up some sediment.

i found little if any sediment in Unipet gas, and noticeable sediment in the NP gas!

hence i prefer Unipet, but because of convenience i fill at NP ( i fill at a trusted NP station where i know the employees and they provide me with the information on filling , when the days for filling gas is better due to purity of gas and the demand for gas itself)

This! Far less water issues with Unipet. As we are aware, water does not compress. Too much water will not convert to steam thus your engine can be left with bent pistons since water doesn't compress. Not a good scenario...

I do experience serious hesitation sometimes by using Unipet gasoline so really not sure about the quality. Its so bad it makes me think something is wrong with my vehicle.

This! Far less water issues with Unipet. As we are aware, water does not compress. Too much water will not convert to steam thus your engine can be left with bent pistons since water doesn't compress. Not a good scenario...

I do experience serious hesitation sometimes by using Unipet gasoline so really not sure about the quality. Its so bad it makes me think something is wrong with my vehicle.

You prefer NP?

Yeah i am also using Unipet for my use and its fit for my cars and mileage and average of the car per lite is also good.Its because of the quality of the oil.

Back