No bail for Biche teen on rape charges

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Saturday, November 8th 2008
A 19-year-old Biche resident was denied bail by Magistrate Jo-Anne Connor yesterday, after he appeared in the Rio Claro Magistrates' Court charged with four counts of rape.

Niles Jones, of Charuma Village, Biche, was charged by PC Singh of the Biche Police Station for having sex with the teenage girl during the month of October, as well as on November 6.

According to the record of the case, the mother of the girl, a secondary school student, made a report to the Biche Police Station after she learnt that her daughter and Jones were having sex. Officers of the Biche station went to the home of Jones on Thursday and found the girl at the house. The girl allegedly confessed to having sex with the man.

Jones was remanded into custody and is to reappear in court on Tuesday. -JL

Have you guys see this today, its in the law that having see with a person under the age of 18 is rape, even if she give her consent, What do you guys have to say about this

It was always the law but i thought the age of consent was 16, statutory rape is when an adult has sex with a minor even with consent. But some cases are retarded cuz some people are only a couple of months or one year apart. What even more retarded not knowing someones age is not a good excuse, so imagine all those girls who like to play big and actually look mature. Could get guys like me in trouble... well not me.
But this only happen cuz of the mother, i'm sure the girl wasn't pressured and actually wanted it.

hahaha. thats awesomeness, look for a girl ur own age.... oo woops. that law gayyy but ya. it is kinda good, ppl under 18 should be studying school not sex

^^^Yep i feel bad for not saying that... kids today cant prioritise the things they need most in life very well, cant separate from what they want most. Guess what neither can adults lol some have sex when they dont... need to.

NO SMEX UNTIL MARRID ....solution to everything

^^^ Strangely enough if you say that at a public aids prevention forum they'll crucify you. Apparently celibacy until marrige is a bad word. lol. I dont think enough people view it as a viable option...
I blame it on the condom companies conspiracy.
This case remind me of a boy not a man a boy who got sentenced to FIVE years for this same thing. I think they need to find the real big hardback men who doing these things i'm sure it have more sick old men than it have 19 year olds... not that it not against the law if you're 19. lol.

Back